June 2012 brides. Who's getting married then?

Online Users: 1,324 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 58

futureswedishbr... Posts : 115 Registered: 7/27/10
Re: June 2012 brides. Who's getting married then?
Posted: Mar 2, 2011 9:50 AM Go to message in response to: BartlettBride2Be

I suggest looking for a venue that will not only let you have both the ceremony AND reception at the same location but has spots inside and out just in case it rains. Or some other kind of bad weather happens.

boomersbabygirl Posts : 6 Registered: 10/21/08
Posted: Mar 9, 2011 5:56 PM Go to message in response to: futureswedishbr...

We are getting married June 30, 2012. Our colors are Black, red, silver and cream. Our theme is Enchanted evening with a twilight feel. I am making the invitations, programs, save the dates, and response cards.

"I Promise To Love You Forever-Every Single Day Of Forever!!!"-Boomer & Shorty wedding planning

Posted: Mar 11, 2011 10:24 AM Go to message in response to: boomersbabygirl

That's cool. Enchanted evening theme sounds wonderful. I'm kinda already in the middle of planning a beach themed wedding otherwise I would probably do your idea.

Posted: Mar 16, 2011 10:07 AM Go to message in response to: boomersbabygirl

How many members of the bridal party on each side is everyone going to have? I'm just curious.

robyn2 Posts : 4 Registered: 11/4/10
Posted: Apr 10, 2011 12:03 PM Go to message in response to: futureswedishbr...

Hi Everyone!

I am getting married June 23rd, 2012 and just can NOT wait! More than 50% I would say is going to by DIY beach theme, I've gotten soo many ideas from searching google's images. I've actually found the cheapest things at Christmas Tree Shops. This summer I'll be heading to the cape to look for more things over there.

If anyone needs any ideas let me know because I have a million of em! haha I wish I could get married more than once because there are so many ideas out there!

Congratulations everyone!

CrumbofCare Posts : 1 Registered: 4/17/11
Posted: Apr 17, 2011 5:32 PM Go to message in response to: BartlettBride2Be

I am getting married June 2, 2012 as well. I'm glad we have a while to plan the wedding so that I can get things as they go on sale and not be TOO stressed about getting everything done at once. I have chose Apple (a dark red) and Malibu from David's Bridal. My fiance and I saw those colors together and fell in love with them. I have not been able to find any Malibu colored flowers though. Since some of you have chose Malibu as well I was wondering if you have been able to find any. I have some ideas in mind about what flowers to choose if I cannot find any, but since I have time I want to look around for Malibu colored flowers. Any suggestions?

I'm using silk flowers and making pomanders. My 3 bm's will wear malibu dresses with red pomanders and my MOH will wear an apple dress with hopefully blue flowers.

Check out http://static.weddingwire.com/static/vendor/70001_75000/71289/thumbnails/600x600_1239027343531-jdblog23.jpg for a pic of blue dresses with red pomanders.:)

abbybabyb Posts : 1 Registered: 10/19/09
Posted: Apr 20, 2011 6:50 PM Go to message in response to: hilaryvansaders...

i have the 10th June, 2012 i i chose the date cuz its our anniversary. the colors are black, white and a dark red like Apple from david's bridal. my mom thinks i should have it on the Saturday instead to allow people to party. Any one else got objections about the date they chose

Posted: Apr 22, 2011 12:58 PM Go to message in response to: abbybabyb

I don't have any objections to that because it isn't my wedding. You should pick whatever date YOU and YOUR FIANCE want. It's YOUR wedding and YOUR day. Not anyone else's.

Blondieyeah Posts : 3 Registered: 5/2/11
Posted: May 2, 2011 9:35 PM Go to message in response to: futureswedishbr...

Hello..

My wedding date is June 9, 2012 :)

I would love to write others getting married in June :)

How far have you gotten with your plans?

So far, I've ordered my wedding gown, picked my bridal party, found their dresses, and got my entertainment (Irish Band).

How about everyone else?

Kirsty

Blondieyeah Posts : 3 Registered: 5/2/11
Posted: May 2, 2011 9:36 PM Go to message in response to: futureswedishbr...

My colours of champagne and ivory.

I'm having 3 adult ladies and my young daughter in my wedding party.

Kirsty

Posted: May 6, 2011 1:17 PM Go to message in response to: Blondieyeah

I have the ceremony location, the reception venue, my bishop is going to be my officiant and I got the photographer. I even got some decorations for the reception from Oriental Trading company.

Posted: May 6, 2011 1:17 PM Go to message in response to: Blondieyeah

I got my bridesmaids and my colors are Malibu Blue and Kelly Green.

robyn2 Posts : 4 Registered: 11/4/10
Posted: May 8, 2011 1:53 PM Go to message in response to: Blondieyeah

I'm like half way done, I've got my wedding party, reception, decorations for reception, and centerpieces. I still need to find invitations and dresses for everyone. Also my fiancee and I need to decide if we're doing a church wedding or justice of peace.

annmariecoleman... Posts : 3 Registered: 6/24/10
Posted: May 16, 2011 2:15 PM Go to message in response to: futureswedishbr...

Hi. I am a little slow in getting into this forum but I am getting married June 9, 2012 also in Maryland. I'd love to have someone to share ideas with.

I struggled with colors and 'style' until we found our location at a small waterfront venue called Kurtz's Beach. I love the idea of being able to get married right on the water without all the sand to contend with and their reception hall/room is so bright and open to the outside. It has water views on 3 sides!

What about you?

annmariecoleman... Posts : 3 Registered: 6/24/10
Posted: May 16, 2011 2:21 PM Go to message in response to: futureswedishbr...

What a pretty contrast in colors!! We finally settled on Tiffany Blue and Apple Red With spring green as an accent. I have no idea about bridesmaids dresses yet. I just know the color. Since I am getting married on the water I thought I could go a little more relaxed and once I know a designer I can give my girls the designer and length and colors assignments (my maid of honor who is my daughter will be in the Tiffany Blue and the others in red) set the loose to find their 'perfect dress'. My flower girls I found the cutest dresses at TJ Max believe it or not. They have a red trim around the waist and bottom and are white with aqua, green, pink, purple, red and yellow polka dots.

I decided on my flowers: Gerbera Daisies. I love them they are such 'happy flowers'.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine