Shopping for a wedding dress blind

Online Users: 1,336 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 4

boston29 Posts : 1 Registered: 3/23/11
Shopping for a wedding dress blind
Posted: Mar 23, 2011 7:05 AM

Hi,

This might sound slightly strange. Im currently working in South Korea. In South Korea its pretty much impossible to try on wedding dresses unless you are getting married in Korea and purchase a package. Im getting married in India in October and need to find a dress online, without having tried anything on.

Im just looking for advice on trying to find what styles best suit you

Any advice would be great

Thanks

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Re: Shopping for a wedding dress blind
Posted: Mar 23, 2011 8:29 AM Go to message in response to: boston29

What dresses have you worn in the past that you found to be most flattering? What kind of body shape do you have?

Usually, not always, but usually an A-line is going to be more flattering across a larger range of different body types, BUT if you are shorter with a pear shape, that's not necessarily true.

Good luck! And if you give us some more info, we might be able to help out more!

edwards68 Posts : 1 Registered: 3/18/11
Posted: Mar 24, 2011 3:49 AM Go to message in response to: boston29

First I should say hello to you, it must be a coincidence that I see your this post here. I just attended a wedding of my best friend-Tina, she worn Herve Leger White Mermaid Bandage Dress on that day and she was, please nice that what I said, she was a mermaid that time. I am not exaggerated, the mermaid bandage dress she worn is so distinctive and extraordinary, if you really want to purchase a wedding dress online, I could recommend you the website that my friend ordered her dresses, she chose from this website www.hervelegerdresses-sale.com, there are so many kinds of dresses, original, stylish, elegant but discounted, Herve Leger bandage, Herve Leger skirts, Herve Leger strap, Herve Leger strapless, you could look for whatever you like. Hope this information can help you with your problem.

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Mar 24, 2011 9:51 AM Go to message in response to: boston29

I don't know what your price range is, but I would definitely recommend you look at dresses at J.Crew online. Right now, they've got dresses ranging from $300 to $3000 for brides, as well as numerous bridesmaids options that can be ordered in white.

I don't just suggest them because I'm generally a fan of their look -- I also do so because I've heard excellent things about their customer service. In your case, I'd want to speak to someone personally about choosing a dress and sizing, and with an established retailer who can ship easily overseas, and quickly. In your situation, good personal service in a bridal retailer is a must, no matter where you order your dress from.

Good luck, and congratulations!

(Also, if you're getting married in India, have you thought about a sari? If I were you, I'd consider going that route. They can be bought fairly quickly and easily in India, they're gorgeous and universally flattering, typically less expensive than American wedding dresses, and you can wear them more than once, like if you ever had an Indian wedding to attend, you'd be able to wear it again. Just a thought.)

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Mar 24, 2011 9:57 AM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Ooooohhhh a sari's a great idea.

And with customer service - that's one of the reasons I also suggested JCPenney. My SIL ordered several dresses from there, picked one and returned the others no problem. She had a really good experience there too.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine