The Thrown Ring

Online Users: 1,357 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

sherrymaemyers Posts : 1 Registered: 2/28/11
The Thrown Ring
Posted: Feb 28, 2011 10:23 PM

Last October of 2010, my boyfriend and I had an argument. We're almost shouting at each other and hurting. Then suddenly, when he we are riding home, due to hurt feelings, I threw away my enggagement ring outside the window in the freeway. Im so hurt that time, coz we have to fight over little things. In fact, I cant remember the reason why we fought. We after an hour, we just talked and promised not to fight again. I do apologized to him coz that ring is very important to him. He bought it from his own savings. And we're only 6 months then. And on April this year, we're gonna celebrate our 3rd year.

He told me that he'll gonna buy another ring soon. And until now, Im waiting for it. he told me that he'll gonna give it to me with a surprise proposal.

Do you think he should but another one? Or he is hurt of what I've done to our promise ring?

Need some help. Im a newbie here.. tnx!;)

Edited by: sherrymaemyers on Feb 28, 2011 10:23 PM

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Re: The Thrown Ring
Posted: Feb 28, 2011 11:01 PM Go to message in response to: sherrymaemyers

Dear Sherry,

It's hard to know.

Personally, if I were a guy and had saved up to buy a ring for a girlfriend and if she threw it out the window, I'd probably dump her and move on.

WellWisher Posts : 175 Registered: 1/2/10
Posted: Feb 28, 2011 11:24 PM Go to message in response to: Aunt

I also cannot imagine ever throwing a ring out a car window, no matter how mad I got. I can't imagine ever throwing anything at all! And I'm sorry, but just deciding "not to fight anymore" does not solve any issues, nor is it a sign of maturity.

I honestly think you could benefit from some professional therapy.

Demi09 Posts : 10 Registered: 7/31/08
Posted: Mar 1, 2011 11:06 AM Go to message in response to: sherrymaemyers

Honestly, I got married at a very young age the first time. We argued a lot because we were immature and did not know how to communicate effectively. We were arguing once and I threw my wedding set. It wasn't really that expensive but I'm sure it didn't feel good to him that I threw something that was meant to be special. However, now that I have grown up and matured I'm sure that I won't be doing that again.

You two should sit down and really talk and really listen to each other. If you two are going to be together there needs to be a high level of trust and honesty. Love is great but without trust and honesty it is not going to work.

If you two love each other and he says he's going to do something then he's going to do it. Why would you doubt his word?

Anyway do you have to have a ring to be engaged? If he asks you, you say yes and set a date you are engaged. Times are hard. Not everyone can afford to buy a ring.

BabyFruit Ticker

bryansgift Posts : 11 Registered: 6/19/10
Posted: Mar 1, 2011 9:45 PM Go to message in response to: sherrymaemyers

OMG! I couldn't imagine throwing out my ring, when I waited so long to get it. But if I was him I'd just wait and get u a wedding ring, but u wouldn't get another engagement ring

Wedding Tickers

PolarIce Posts : 39 Registered: 12/17/10
Posted: Mar 2, 2011 4:40 PM Go to message in response to: Aunt

Thanks for the laugh. You don't happen to be theknot as well do you?
I have to agree that the maturity level attached with throwing something out a window, especially an engagement ring, seems a little...

It sounds to me like you have far greater problems with your relationship than what we are reading(not to mention the horrible grammar and sentence structuring-which leads me to believe you are quit young).

Moving on.

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 13, 2012 6:50 PM Go to message in response to: sherrymaemyers

Jennifer Bridal Dress Show, Starting from 229.99USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/jennifer-bridal-dress-p-45678.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine