Information on New Jersey Wedding Reception Venues

Online Users: 1,341 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 212

jerzehun Posts : 1 Registered: 2/10/11
Re: Information on New Jersey Wedding Reception Venues
Posted: Feb 10, 2011 11:42 AM Go to message in response to: Murzeek

Just started research for a May 2012 wedding on a saturday night.

Seasons: main ballroom, 175 minimum, 160pp. upstairs room, 125 minimum, 135pp (2 events at a time)
Florentine Gardens: 200 minimum, 180pp (1 event at a time)
Il Villagio: 140 minimum (easily waived), 135pp (6 hours), very easy to work with and all prices are negotiable (1 event at a time + restaurant open)
Waterside Catering: no minimum, they say the room seats 180, I doubt it. $145pp (1 event at a time + restaurant open)
Skylands Manor: 200 minimum, prices start @ 235pp (1 event at a time)
Naninas in the Park: 200 minimum, 180pp (1 event at a time)
Palisadium: 175 minimum (easily waived), starts at 135pp, (1 wedding but up 2 other events at a time)
The Mezzanine: No minimum, you pay a bldg fee, prices start at $145pp (1 event at a time)
The Tides: Main room, 200 minimum, 130pp. other room, minimum 100, 115pp
Liberty House: 180 minimum, 175pp
The Manor: 175 minimum, 125pp
Ramsey Golf & CC: 125 minimum, 150pp
Old Tappan Manor: no minimum, 105pp (recently renovated, very nice)
The Venetian: 200 minimum, 180pp

tytra Posts : 1 Registered: 5/25/11
Posted: May 25, 2011 3:11 PM Go to message in response to: jerzehun

Thank you all for the info. I'm beginning to look also for next summer (July/August 2012) in northern jersey. I really fell in love with Liberty House but it is a bit pricey for our budget at this time. Will keep looking.

Ericalbklyn Posts : 1 Registered: 7/25/11
Posted: Jul 25, 2011 9:59 PM Go to message in response to: tytra

Hi Everyone,
We are also looking for north jersey venues for the summer of 2012. Anyone have any good suggestions for places that have a view of NYC? Welcoming all suggestions. Thanks so much.

CJP Posts : 1 Registered: 7/27/11
Posted: Jul 27, 2011 6:14 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi I was wondering if Someone can lead me in the right direction. I just got engaged and we are starting to pick a place. What are some ideal wedding months. No to Dec, Jan, Feb and March. What would be the next cheapest month. We are on a tight budget. We have no one helping us with the wedding. Also any Ideas on some places In North Jersey that are Nice but not crazy expensive. Looking at 140pp. We have about 125-150 people coming. Any info would be great Thanks.

sadsam1019 Posts : 2 Registered: 7/31/11
Posted: Jul 31, 2011 5:45 PM Go to message in response to: jerzehun

hi jerzehun - this is very helpful research!!! thank you! i dotn supposed you can share with me the the $135 pp for the seasons for saturday night March/ April 2012? was $135 including tax and service charge? it hink they quote a number inclusive of tax and service. Does your $135 include the Vientien hr and seafood extravagenza?
thank you! im working with them on 4/7/2012 (holy saturday) and they quoted me $140 inclusive.

sadsam1019 Posts : 2 Registered: 7/31/11
Posted: Jul 31, 2011 5:53 PM Go to message in response to: CJP

Hi CJP - congratulations on your engagement. Some places are still considering April (bf easter) off peak months. I think from Halloween, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, and March will also be off peak. If your budget is $140 pp (inclusive of tax and services?) than your base package would be about $110 since service charge is typically 20% and 7% tax. With $110, you can consider Atrium in West Orange (Bill is VERY nice and willing to work with you) and the Mayfair Farms (Jenni's great) and the Tides Estate. The latter 2 have better grounds to take pictures but the Atrium and the Tides have a chic and modern feel. The Tides and the Venetians would be my first choice to visit. It depends on what feel you're looking for. The Manor in West Orange is traditional and has a beautiful gardens. Good luck with your planning!

steph355 Posts : 1 Registered: 4/23/12
Posted: Apr 23, 2012 2:56 PM Go to message in response to: sadsam1019

Hi everyone,
I recently became engaged and have begun looking for a wedding venue for a march, 2013 wedding. Does anyone know anything about Addison Park? Price for a March wedding? I think it's gorgeous but it may be out of my price range. Thanks!

Steph

Leila1 Posts : 6 Registered: 6/18/12
Posted: Jun 18, 2012 2:26 PM Go to message in response to: jerzehun

For a listing of NJ venues with prices displayed, try http://www.wedcheaper.com/New-Jersey-Affordable-.html

JenniferSnj Posts : 1 Registered: 9/10/12
Posted: Sep 10, 2012 10:16 AM Go to message in response to: steph355

I live very close to Addison Park and it is located on a main highway, however it is beautiful and set back enough that once you drive into it, you will be far enough away not to see the other side of the highway. From what i hear it is beautiful. But i haven't heard too many positive reactions about the food. The ambiance is the reason brides pick this place not the service or the food. I spoke to a man Ed on the phone and he was the worst person to speak to so much so that i refused to even go there to look at the place even though it is around the corner from my house. If you do call, i suggest you request to speak with Anthony bc a guy i know that got married there seemed to have a positive experience with Anthony. There are 2 other girls that i know that are getting married, one that i work with and one that my fiance' works with, they both had notes next to Addison Park that said, "Ed is an a$$hole" and the other said "Ed is rude" so i imagine your best bet is to request Anthony. Also i have heard vendors do not like working with Addison Park..

I have heard great things about The Grove in Cedar Grove but the min is 175-200. If you are looking for a Grand Look, Shadowbrook in Shrewsbury was very gardenlike we only didn't pick it bc the room we would fit in with our 100 min was too small.

I have been to about 22 locations in NJ.. and have called even more.. as well as been to a few for wedding i attended..
i am planning to write up a big blog about all of them to help all the brides out there narrow it down since it took me 2-3 months to narrow it down and that was me going every weekend to about 3 places a weekend. (mostly it will be subjective and just the facts since some people care about the ambiance and some the price and some the food, and some relationships.. (i myself have turned away from places based on the lack of professionalism or organization a hall has - if they can't get a 5 min phone call or 1 hr meeting right im pretty sure they wont be able to handle 5 hour affair..

sorry for the long reply but my post will be coming so if anyone has any specific questions about any places before i do my big write up, please feel free to email me..

abhayden Posts : 3 Registered: 10/21/12
Posted: Oct 21, 2012 10:24 AM Go to message in response to: JenniferSnj

Hi Jennifer,

If you had a chance to write that blog I would love it if you could tell me where to find it? Would be so helpful for me!

Thanks!

Posted: Oct 21, 2012 10:26 AM Go to message in response to: JenniferSnj

Hi Jennifer,

If you had a chance to write that blog I would love it if you could tell me where to find it? Would be so helpful for me!

Thanks!

Posted: Oct 21, 2012 11:36 AM Go to message in response to: JenniferSnj

Hi JenniferSnj,

If you happen to have that blog I would love to see it! Would be so helpful for me. Thanks!

yessenih Posts : 3 Registered: 12/4/12
need help with finding a venue
Posted: Dec 4, 2012 11:30 PM Go to message in response to: abhayden

Hi All

I am new to this forum. I need some help with trying to find an affordable wedding venue in NJ or upstate NY for next year (October or November 2013) I would like the plates to range from $80-$95 (if it is possible). I am open to having the wedding on a Friday night. I would greatly appreciate any help that you guys can provide to me with this search.

SAMMYG Posts : 1 Registered: 8/31/11
Re: need help with finding a venue
Posted: Dec 7, 2012 12:49 PM Go to message in response to: yessenih

I had my wedding on Nov 3rd at Fiesta which is in Wood Ridge NJ on Rt 17 South. The Casa de Rosa room is good for 150 -300 people and it's newly renovated and gorgeous. Right now their best package is in your price and includes SO MUCH and we had our wedding on a Sat night. They did an AMAZING job and the food was PHENOMENAL....highly recommended.
Also, if you need an NJ florist try AW Flowers in Kearny/North Arlington. Great job and VERY reasonable.

scrappy6955 Posts : 1 Registered: 12/7/12
Posted: Dec 7, 2012 11:55 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Posting all that information for all brides to be was so very kind and generous. Thank you so much for all the time you took to give us all a leg up. It helps so very much to have some information on the venue,staff and costs before making your numerous calls to your venues of choice and you nearly listed all in the Tri State area ! TX!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine