Decorating - Walls

Online Users: 1,292 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

Mehri Posts : 2 Registered: 5/10/10
Decorating - Walls
Posted: Feb 7, 2011 2:37 AM

Hello!

I've been struggling to decide how to decorate the reception hall for my wedding. We decided to do it my parent's church. Since we're paying for it ourselves, we couldn't pass up a free venue!

Although I am mostly happy with it, and slowly making progress with it, I'm a bit stumped about how to decorate with the walls. One side of the room has huge windows, another side has the stage/dance floor. The third side is a huge dull looking wall, and the fourth side is the kitchen and an area where I'll probably have a lounge.

I'm going to try to steer attention away from the kitchen by avoiding putting anything of interest there. But I was looking at pictures from another wedding in the same room...and I noticed how much the bare wall stood out.

Any ideas on how I might be able to decorate this wall?

If it helps..for table decorations I'm thinking blue table cloths with some sort of centerpiece (candles maybe). For the wall I had a few ideas:

Streamers...It's not a super formal reception but maybe this is tacky anyway?

Light cloth...Not sure how I'd hang it up.

Garden Trellis...Concerned about whether or not it will fit in my budget. If I can find a few cheap ones...I could decorate it with flowers and/or cloth. Might have to adjust the rest of my decorations to match this, but since I didn't have anything solidified yet, that might be okay.

Any other ideas I might not have thought of?

I would really appreciate feedback! My wedding is rushing up in March. I should probably be further along than I am, but life has been hurling drama at me that demands much of my energy. I would like to think I can still come up with some decent decorations. :)

WoodlandBride Posts : 52 Registered: 1/6/11
Re: Decorating - Walls
Posted: Feb 7, 2011 9:21 AM Go to message in response to: Mehri

How about some kind of projector with pics of you and FH in a slide show?

Do you have a theme for decor? That might help with ideas.

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Posted: Feb 7, 2011 10:31 AM Go to message in response to: WoodlandBride

Ladies,

"How about some kind of projector with pics of you and FH in a slide show?"

Fabulous idea.

Beeble Posts : 306 Registered: 11/19/09
Posted: Feb 7, 2011 11:08 AM Go to message in response to: Mehri

I'm having a similar issue, only instead of a big blank wall it's a wall color that clashes with our color scheme. Our colors are red black and white and we have pale yellow walls.

I think I'm going to look at getting some vinyl wall decals to put on the walls in a red color and then pull some of the yellow into our flowers.

Check into big wall decals that easily peel off. Or I agree that the slideshow is a great idea.

Mehri Posts : 2 Registered: 5/10/10
Posted: Feb 8, 2011 1:06 AM Go to message in response to: Mehri

Wow, wow, wow!

So many wonderful ideas! Thank you all! I have so much to work with now. I think I'm going to look into all of those and then decide what seems to be the best fit.

I'm excited now. Thank you!

WoodlandBride Posts : 52 Registered: 1/6/11
Posted: Feb 8, 2011 9:31 AM Go to message in response to: Mehri

@bearma,
If your florist does not have lights, check with DJ/sound company. They will have or can get most any lighting.

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 5:15 PM Go to message in response to: Mehri

Sheath Sweetheart Neckline Strapless Chiffon Wedding Dress Style Marion
Save up to 28% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $236.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sheath-sweetheart-neckline-strapless-chiffon-wedding-dress-style-marion-p-33799.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine