Thoughts on a Veil?

Online Users: 1,342 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

KCI Posts : 150 Registered: 3/30/09
Thoughts on a Veil?
Posted: Jan 18, 2011 7:28 PM

I not sure what type of veil I want to wear yet and I'm just looking for some opinions. Here's my dress:

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Satin-Corset-Pick-up-with-Beaded-Lace-Appliques-V9263

I had tried on a few elbow/fingertip length veils with some detailing and really liked them. And that is what DB has the model wearing in the dress picture. But then I saw an episode of Four Weddings where one of the brides was wearing this dress with a simple cathedral length veil - which also looked nice.

Any thoughts on what length and type (detailing or simple, etc) of veil would look good with this dress?

Would anything like this work?
http://www.etsy.com/listing/46448457/60-inch-waltz-length-isabella-mantilla?ref=sr_gallery_6&ga_search_query=mantilla&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&order=&includes%5B0%5D=tags&includes%5B1%5D=title&filter%5B0%5D=handmade

Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions you may have!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*Met: 9/17/2009 *Started Dating: 11/14/2009 *Engaged: 11/13/2010 *Mr and Mrs: 9/17/2011
Daisypath Wedding tickers

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Re: Thoughts on a Veil?
Posted: Jan 18, 2011 8:21 PM Go to message in response to: KCI

I didn't wear a veil and I can be a fashion idiot sometimes. So you have fair warning.

I love the Etsy veil. My only thought is I wonder that since the dress is fairly ornate/decorative, and the edging on the veil is so decorative, it might be too much, you know?

It might NOT be too much, but I'd have to see them together to confirm that. Not being able to do that, my advice would be to go with a simpler veil. You don't want people to just be looking at what you're wearing, but at you, too.

preview image

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Jan 18, 2011 9:26 PM Go to message in response to: KCI

I was going to say that since there is lace on the dress itself, you would want to be very careful about having lace on your veil -- they need to match or it will look off.

A plain veil or one with just a little beading might do better for you.

Misty

PatricksLove Posts : 26 Registered: 3/6/08
Posted: Jan 18, 2011 9:51 PM Go to message in response to: KCI

I agree with the PP. You don't want your veil to take away from your gorgeous dress. I would say a more simple elbow length veil with a little beading or maybe none at all. However, I'm not too fond of cathedral veils.

I would try your dress on with both types and see which you like better.

Patrick and Meagan <3 March 4, 2012

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 5:24 AM Go to message in response to: KCI

A-Line Straight Neckline Strapless CockTail Beading Empire Waist Zipper Chiffon prom Dresas
Save up to 30% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $118.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-cocktail-beading-empire-waist-zipper-chiffon-prom-dresas-p-32013.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine