No MOH

Online Users: 1,283 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

smalltownlady Posts : 16 Registered: 8/18/10
No MOH
Posted: Jan 14, 2011 12:40 PM

I lost my best friend of 20 years to a car accident a couple weeks ago. She was going to be my MOH. I'm having a hard time imagining my wedding without her, but obviously I have no choice. It's kind of stalled the wedding plans, but I'm trying to get back on track with them.

Our wedding party was small to begin with- my fiance has his best man and I had her. My much younger sister was going to be a junior bridesmaid and will not be 18 at the time of the wedding.

I don't want to replace my friend- I'd like to do something to remember her by that day (but I have to think more on that) but I don't want to replace her for the sake of having someone.

My concern is the signing of the register. We need 2 witnesses, who I know are typically the BM and MOH. I'd ask my sister to witness, but she will not be old enough to be the witness.

Is it appropriate to have someone who is not in the wedding party step up to sign the register? Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank-you.

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Re: No MOH
Posted: Jan 14, 2011 12:44 PM Go to message in response to: smalltownlady

Dear STL,

"Is it appropriate to have someone who is not in the wedding party step up to sign the register? Does anyone have any suggestions?"

Why not ask your own mother to sign? Or, ask your friend's mother?

KCI Posts : 150 Registered: 3/30/09
Re: No MOH
Posted: Jan 14, 2011 4:48 PM Go to message in response to: Aunt

I like Aunt's idea of your friends, mother - if you're close to them, you could consider that. It would also be a way for your friend to still be involved. Good luck. I can't imaging how hard this must be.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*Met: 9/17/2009 *Started Dating: 11/14/2009 *Engaged: 11/13/2010 *Mr and Mrs: 9/17/2011
Daisypath Wedding tickers

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine