Who else has a non-diamond engagement ring?

Online Users: 1,319 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 24

Janny7878 Posts : 6 Registered: 12/17/10
Re: Who else has a non-diamond engagement ring?
Posted: Jan 3, 2011 1:06 PM Go to message in response to: Anastassia

I have my husband's grandmother's Rubi ring!

Sevati Posts : 29 Registered: 1/3/11
Posted: Jan 3, 2011 9:10 PM Go to message in response to: Anastassia

I have an emerald cut blue sapphire. It was actually my second choice. I told him I wanted an emerald cut emerald but if he couldn't find one he liked (a good sized emerald with good enough color for the emerald cut is expensive) I'd be happy with a sapphire. My old boss actually talked him into the sapphire cause it's hard than an emerald and less likely to chip. He actually bought my ring at the store I work at from my old boss (he got promoted) November of 2009 and didn't propose til our 1 year anniversary in March 19th (I'd started working there March 5th). My boss and coworkers had the hardest time keeping that from me.

“In brightest day, in blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil’s might, Beware my power… Green Lantern’s light!“

aemurr Posts : 1 Registered: 9/21/10
Posted: Jan 5, 2011 3:46 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Mine is a 3 carat green amethyst with four tiny diamond accents. I knew I didn't want a diamond, my mom revived a sapphire form my dad so I guess its not a bit of a tradition! Plus, I love the light green!!

Edited by: aemurr on Jan 5, 2011 3:50 PM

Madeleine7 Posts : 2 Registered: 10/7/10
Posted: Jan 5, 2011 3:51 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I have a 4.76 carat, natural (unheated) yellow sapphire, cushion cut. I'm pretty picky about my jewelry, so my fiance and I designed it. Set in 18k white gold with four round diamonds on each side, and the sapphire is set in an 18k yellow gold gallery to blend with the color of the stone. I LOVE it, and really enjoy having a flash of color on my hand. Diamonds are gorgeous, but so are lots of other stones!

SugarBunz Posts : 1 Registered: 11/6/10
Posted: Jan 9, 2011 5:22 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Mine is a solid gold band with a claddagh in the middle and an Irish knot work on the sides. I have never seen anything like it, and absolutely love it. My son helped my Fiance pick it out and they both did a wonderful job.

Enaduial Posts : 11 Registered: 10/4/10
Posted: Jan 26, 2011 11:14 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm trying not to hint at my sweetheart, and I'll be extremely happy with any ring, but I would so love a dark blue sapphire instead of a diamond! <3

Ffrenchie Posts : 1 Registered: 9/15/11
Posted: Nov 26, 2011 10:48 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am so happy to have found this thread! I too have a non-diamond engagement ring!! My ring is a Cushion Amethyst 14K White Gold Ring with Diamonds in the band. I love its unique.

spoiledluv Posts : 7 Registered: 5/3/11
Posted: Nov 27, 2011 12:30 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Me! well it has some diamonds on it. see my profile pic. (i know also have diamond bands that go on either side)

Daisypath Wedding tickers

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 5:07 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

A-Line Straight Neckline Strapless Wedding Gown with Delicate Lace Applique Tulle Dress
Save up to 21% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $158.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-wedding-gown-with-delicate-lace-applique-tulle-dress-p-33891.html

Sydney99 Posts : 20 Registered: 6/1/12
Posted: Nov 14, 2012 8:31 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I know a lot of girls that have non-diamond engagement rings. There are a lot of options out there (i.e. sapphires, rubies, emeralds, topaz, etc.). Also in this category are man made diamonds or diamond simulants. Either way, it is the thought and sentiment that is more important.

One of the best tips I've had is to pick your setting first--you know, your DREAM setting--and then see what you can afford for the stone. You can always change out and upgrade the stone, but the setting stays with you forever (hopefully).

I love the idea of a non-diamond engagement ring.

Blog

Washington, D.C.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine