The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,599

MrsPaul Posts : 186 Registered: 1/15/08
Re: The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!
Posted: Dec 23, 2010 4:17 PM Go to message in response to: MrsSy

I hope that everyone has a wonderful holiday and Merry Christmas to those who celebrate! :)

We got our present yesterday when we heard the heartbeat. 150 bpm and the sweetest sound ever.

Have a wonderful weekend!

wedding ticker for myspace  BabyFruit Ticker

Brooke051609 Posts : 723 Registered: 12/31/07
Posted: Dec 23, 2010 10:24 PM Go to message in response to: MrsPaul

Mrs Paul- that's the best present ever! Congrats!

Merry Christmas Everyone! Have a wonderful weekend!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Dec 23, 2010 10:28 PM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

Brooke- I meant to reply to you earlier about your post with the discharge - I don't know the answer, I think you should call your doctor and ask if it doesn't become clear if it is your cycle or not.

MrsPaul - Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone!

MrsSy Posts : 504 Registered: 7/6/08
Posted: Dec 27, 2010 11:07 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Hi ladies, Hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas.

MrsPaul, that was a great present!

Dylan got way too many toys from the ILs, lol. We are going to donated his old/used toys and make room for the new ones. Our house is not that big. He had more fun getting in to the Christmas tree and taking the ornaments off. We had a great time. Dylan loves the puertorican dessert I made :).

Now we are getting ready for PR trip. I'm so excited and can't wait to see my family. Especially my aunt that have cancer. She keep asking when we are going. She wants to meet Dylan. She's not doing well lately. Hopefully we get there in time to see her.

Proud Member of the P.O.O.P.

Posted: Dec 27, 2010 12:06 PM Go to message in response to: MrsSy

Too funny about the ILs and toys Sy! But donating his toys make sense and someone else will LOVE them.

I hope you make it to PR in time to see your aunt.

We got some great news on Xmas - BIL and SIL are expecting in July!! So we'll have cousins who are about 3 months apart in age!!!! I'm SO excited!

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Dec 28, 2010 12:43 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Well we gave them the ornament. ILs were thrilled. They were so exccited to know and love the name. Gave it to my parents and it was SOOOO anti climactic I wanted to cry. My mom DID know the name b/c she saw it on a piece of paper in a magazine in my house when she came to feed the dog one day over the summer. I had written a couple different spellings. SO when she saw the ornament she just went "I knew it!" And my sister was like "oh yea..." So then later on DH goes "So do you like the name?" and my mom is like "yea. its cute" VERY non-chalant. I know my mom def isnt the type to get all hysterical so thats fine. I just wished there was a better reaction.

Anyway I'll tell you girls. Her name is Brynn. We just don't have a middle name!! But thats fine, we still have time :)

Hope everyone else had a good Christmas weekend and you're not too snowed in if you're in the NE.

a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

MrsSy Posts : 504 Registered: 7/6/08
Posted: Dec 28, 2010 1:18 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

NJ, I love the name. How you guys come up with it?

We didn't got to much snow around the house. But at work still is not that great to drive around. I got to work two days in a row from home.

Proud Member of the P.O.O.P.

Posted: Dec 28, 2010 3:04 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

Glad that the ILs were excited. :-)

Posted: Dec 29, 2010 11:26 AM Go to message in response to: MrsSy

We came up with it from TV. If you ever watched The Real housewives of NYC on Bravo, the woman Bethenney had a baby. She got her own show and named her baby Bryn. And I actually went to dance school with a girl with the name as well. I think she was Brynne. So we just added an N, dropped an E. So I like that it's not common but it's not strange like Apple or Moses. Middle name choices are: Elizabeth, Marie, Catherine, Victoria and Alexandra. It's hard to pick one for a one syllable name!

Anyway had a Dr appt today. Everything looks good. I have 5 more appts left until my due date and the last one is the daye before my due date so, who knows, i might not even need that one! :)

MrsSy, I thought I remember you saying you live in NJ...?? You must be pretty south. But we got like 18 inches where I live in Central. They got more near the shore--like 30 inches!!

MrsPaul Posts : 186 Registered: 1/15/08
Posted: Dec 29, 2010 1:42 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

LOL NJ, I meant to ask you yesterday if that's where you got the name from! I was wathing it yesterday at lunch and thought "wow, Bryn is a really pretty name" then came here and saw your post! If we didn't already have a name decided for a girl I'd be all over it! We find out three weeks from today what the bean is and I'm ridiculously anxious. :) I just wish coming up with a boys name would be easier. We can't decide on one to save our lives...

wedding ticker for myspace  BabyFruit Ticker

Posted: Dec 29, 2010 2:04 PM Go to message in response to: MrsPaul

MRsPaul -
We decided, well, i knew what I wanted if it was a girl. So it will be MacKenzie. But the middle name is giving us fits. He wants to use his grandmother's name, which I understand, but I also want to use my MomMom's name which is my middle name. My Mom Mom is still with us and it would mean so much to her - technically we're not blood related - so it would mean that much more.

This kid might end up with 2 middle names if it's a girl.

And I wouldn't be quite so annoyed/frustrated about it, but if it's a boy it's either going to be a IV (my husband is a III) OR will have his first name and another of HIS family names for a middle name.

So it's pissing me off. And the holidays aren't a stresser or anything. LOL

Posted: Dec 29, 2010 2:49 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I thought of Mackenzie for a middle name! But then I'm like maybe I should keep the middle name more "classic" since the first name isn't as classic or common. UGH! The middle name is the WORST and the stupid thing is, it's not even a requirement! I also like Michaela for a name..first or middle. But probably wouldn't name my kid that...I just think it's pretty.

I thought of Olivia for a middle name and I think it just took 1st place over Elizabeth. Dh likes it too, but I am not sure we are "olivia people". Whatever that is, I made that up! I just dont know if she will look like a girl who has Olivia in her name...is that too trendy? Do I really want my daughter's initials to be B.O.? LOL!!

MrsPaul-thats funny that you know the name too! DH and I really liked Bethenney's show and watching her go through her pregnancy so in that regard it works well

mrscreamer2be Posts : 153 Registered: 6/14/09
Posted: Dec 29, 2010 4:31 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

It's better than B.M LOL! I'm impartial to Alexandra since it's my middle name. I love the name (Brynne)! It's very pretty and unique.

Edited by: mrscreamer2be on Dec 29, 2010 4:31 PM

NatashaAB Posts : 353 Registered: 10/6/08
Posted: Dec 30, 2010 5:34 PM Go to message in response to: mrscreamer2be

I know I totally suck at posting and I'm not going to lie but I might not post again for a bit.

Anyways, I'm in the hospital on bedrest. I went into pre-term labour on Sunday and I have severe pre-e. We're holding out hope that I can make it a bit longer because I am only 27 weeks pregnant. It's been a serious rollercoaster and I'm trying my best to stay positive and strong. I feel like if I lose it for even a second, my whole family will. They see me being strong and upbeat so they feel like they can too. It's a bit hard and it's getting overwhelming but I know I can't lose control.

I miss my twins SO much and I haven't seen them since Tuesday. It's breaking my heart to be away from them and I hate being in the hospital.

If you guys have an extra prayer to spare, I would really appreciate it. I'm sorry that I have barely posted in the last little bit.

Nat (23) Nate (33) L&E- March 17, 2010 A- January 26, 2011

Posted: Dec 30, 2010 5:46 PM Go to message in response to: NatashaAB

Oh Nat - I'm SO sorry to hear about the bedrest & even more s about the pre-e. All my positive vibes and thoughts/prayers are headed your way.

Pharm

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine