The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,599

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Re: The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!
Posted: Dec 15, 2010 4:32 PM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

Oh Brooke - I'm glad it helped. I saw it and I couldn't help but think - yeah no one wants to 'talk' about it. I mean, I understand, what if you say the 'wrong' thing but that's also not healing in any way. And there are lots of success stories after a miscarriage - I think that's a good thing to try and focus on.

All is well on this front - still sleeping for crap, but what can you do - lol. Thanks for asking.

Posted: Dec 15, 2010 5:27 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

For any that haven't seen - they have pulled the drop side cribs off the market - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40678788/ns/health-kids_and_parenting/

Posted: Dec 16, 2010 8:13 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I felt the baby move for the first time last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought it was gas the first time, but when it happened again I was like Whooa - and then i had my hand there when the baby kicked or whatever it did and felt my belly move - WAY weird but AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrsPaul Posts : 186 Registered: 1/15/08
Posted: Dec 16, 2010 8:38 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Pharm that is AWESOME!!! You must be so freaking excited!! Yay, just YAY! I can't wait for that feeling. :) Congrats!

wedding ticker for myspace  BabyFruit Ticker

Posted: Dec 16, 2010 8:40 AM Go to message in response to: MrsPaul

I can't wait for it to happen again - DH was asleep and had to get up at 3:30 AM this morning, so I didn't want to wake him - he's going to be so jealous when I tell him.

MrsPaul Posts : 186 Registered: 1/15/08
Posted: Dec 16, 2010 8:47 AM Go to message in response to: MrsPaul

Brooke, I honestly think of you every day. I know that sounds weird but you and I got pregnant right around the same time. My heart honestly breaks for you. I couldn't imagine what your going through and look forward to hearing the wonderful news from you again. I'm so, so sorry Brooke. So very sorry.

wedding ticker for myspace  BabyFruit Ticker

mrscreamer2be Posts : 153 Registered: 6/14/09
Posted: Dec 16, 2010 11:47 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Yay! So happy for you! How exciting :)

Brooke051609 Posts : 723 Registered: 12/31/07
Posted: Dec 17, 2010 11:23 AM Go to message in response to: MrsPaul

Mrs Paul! You are way too sweet, thank you so much for your thoughts. I know, I thought of you when I lost mine because you and I were basically the same week and I thought, "how cool! A preggo buddy!". The girl at work was a few weeks ahead of me and a cousin is maybe 2 weeks ahead of where I was, so it's sad to not be part of the group anymore and compare fun stories. But, we have faith it will happen again, and will join you all. But thank you again for your thoughts!

PHARM!!!!! HOW AWESOME! That has to be the most incredible feeling! I'm sure your DH will be really excited when he gets to feel the baby kick! :) Very happy for you both!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Posted: Dec 17, 2010 11:37 AM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

Brooke - DH was grinning last night when I told him about the kicking. But the baby's been quiet for now - not uncommon. He'll hopefully get to feel it soon!

Called my Mom and told her - she's super excited! And I reminded her that I have an u/s scheduled for next week, since she's here she'll get to go to the u/s. She must have forgotten because she's super excited. :-)

MrsKG Posts : 115 Registered: 10/5/08
Posted: Dec 19, 2010 12:21 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Hello ladies, hope everyone is having a nice weekend! Im sure most of you are trying to get ready for next weekend! I know I am!!

I figured Id pop on here and let everyone know what was going on...if any of you care...LOL. So last time I was on here I was trying to figure out how these OPK's work. I got a pretty good understanding, have been taking one pretty much everyday and getting negatives. Until Friday, I got what I believe to be as a positive. The test line wasn't quite as dark as the control line, but pretty darn close! So that made me happy, considering that made CD 20 for me. And getting AF so regular and on schedule, I assumed I would ovulate right in the middle like they say. Well today I def got a positive no questions about it. So that alone makes me very happy!! I think someone mentioned about not really using the test as a que on when to have sex more to know when and if your ovulating, which I totally agree with. I don't want to make it awkward for either us us, and turn it into baby making time! lol Even though when we are doing it I sometimes get that thought in the back of my head I don't want to ruin it for DH...but Friday he asked about the tests and if I got a positive yet, and I told him that yeah today I got more of a positive than any other day and he went all cave man on me...LOL which I totally wasn't expecting! I kinda thought, the thought of kids scared him a little, I mean he knew we were NTNP and always told me he did want kids, but I guess that's where guys and girls are so different. I always talked about when we have kids we will do this, and I cant wait to have kids because of this...but he always just kind of smiled and agreed. So yeah overall a pretty good weekend! Sorry for rambling, I don't have a whole lot of people I can talk about this stuff with. Im actually the only married one in my group of friends, and none of them are thinking about babies right now! lol And my mom is on that whole "it will happen when you least expect it" thing, which is fine, if we just started...but its been a year...so yeah anyways. Send some baby dust over here!! :)

P.S. Pharm-that is so cool that you felt the baby move! Congrats, I can only imagine that feeling!! How cute that DH was grinning when you told him about it! I cant wait til we can have that moment. I always try to picture how my DH would react...too cool!! :)

~Kristin 

"You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."
--
Sam Keen save the date

Posted: Dec 19, 2010 8:08 PM Go to message in response to: MrsKG

MrsKG - Awesome that the tests are working for you to even just get a feel for your body and it's cycles.

Love that your DH went all caveman - too funny - great mental image. And it's great that the too of you seem like you are on the same page baby-wise. That always helps you feel better.

Baby-dust is getting sent your way! Good luck!

Agape14 Posts : 201 Registered: 12/31/08
Posted: Dec 20, 2010 9:15 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Thanks for sharing that link Pharm! I don't know if Canada will follow suit, but I've just started pricing out cribs and I've been avoiding looking at any one's with a drop side and this is just more reason to!

And just in general ladies, I've read on a number of sites that while it's great to get varios items second-hand, cribs and car seats are ones to avoid. Cribs because you can't be sure about recalls and whether they match current safety standards. Car seats, same thing and also, you don't know for sure whether they've been in an accident before (apparently even a small fender-bender can twist the frame of a carseat, reducing the protection for baby in any potential future accident)

~~Life's tough, wear a cup~~

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Posted: Dec 20, 2010 11:05 AM Go to message in response to: Agape14

That's posted all over here too. But that said, I'm getting my friend's crib that she bought new and my aunt sent me a car seat that she bought new less than a year ago.

I can easily google the serial numbers and since I know who they came from - I'm not worried about it.

But from a random person - yeah being careful is always good.

Agape14 Posts : 201 Registered: 12/31/08
Posted: Dec 21, 2010 5:31 AM Go to message in response to: Agape14

So we had our 12wk scan and IPS testing yesterday and I think the excitement has given me insomnia! lol. Everything went really well so far, just waiting for the blood results in a couple weeks, but the NT was 1-3mm, so that was a relief.

The best part though was seeing the little Bean and watching DH's face as he looked at the monitor. Bean was hilarious, kicking his feet (I'm convinced it's a boy), trying to put his thumb in his mouth. And when the tech jiggled my belly, he got angry, rubbed his eyes like we woke him up, and then turned his back on us. Baby has an attitude like his mom already =P

I can't wait for the next scan in 6wks to see him again! We'll be finding out the gender, but won't be sharing that with anyone else (or the potential names). It'll be our little secret...well, ours and with everyone here and on my birth board. Lol.

~~Life's tough, wear a cup~~

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Posted: Dec 21, 2010 7:30 AM Go to message in response to: Agape14

LOL Agape- I think sometimes being able to share it on here helps you not tell people irl.

I can't find out the sex and not tell everyone - so NO sex for me! LOL

We have our ~20 week u/s tomorrow. teehee Can't wait!!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine