Veil sticks to beading on my dress...help!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1

KatieandKevin Posts : 3 Registered: 8/31/10
Veil sticks to beading on my dress...help!!
Posted: Dec 17, 2010 11:36 PM

I fell in love with my glamorous one-shouldered Justin Alexander gown the minute I put it on. It was hands down "THE dress"...so imagine my disappointment when the bridal consultant puts the veil on my head and it immediately sticks to the beading! The only beading on the dress is on the very top, about an inch border of crystals and pearls and it's perfect!

I have my heart set on a simple floor length or cathedral length veil...but we tried on almost every length just to see if that would make a difference but every length still found a way to stick to the dress. As soon as the tulle comes in contact with the beading it sticks to it like velcro and has to be ever-so-carefully pealed away so the veil doesn't rip and the beading doesn't pull off the dress.

I know the easy solution is to not wear a veil...but I'm a fairly traditional bride and I can't imagine not wearing a veil on my wedding day! I thought about just dealing with it and wearing it for the church ceremony and pictures and then I would take if off for the reception. I just know it's going to make me nervous all day.

Just wondering if anyone out there has had the same problem? I would love to hear some suggestions--help!!

Ps--here's the link to my dress...it's much more glamorous in person since it's a different fabric and the strap actually goes off the shoulder http://www.justinalexanderbridal.com/en_us/8474.html

myras Posts : 396 Registered: 2/26/10
Re: Veil sticks to beading on my dress...help!!
Posted: Dec 18, 2010 1:31 PM Go to message in response to: KatieandKevin

Check out bridal fashion magazines and websites. There are several creative new ways of arranging veils that keep them above your shoulders, so they'd stay away from the beading. Perhaps you could have a veil made of a fabric that is less "scratchy" than tulle--e.g. chiffon or organza. Or substitute a tiara or exciting hair ornaments. In the end, "something's gotta give." This dress will not work with the veil of your dreams--so, you need to get out of that box and explore new ideas. Frankly, that dress has lots of fabric and actually might look better with a more sleek hair/veil/ornament arrangement.

myra@classysassyweddings.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine