Brother/Sister Dance (Need Help!)

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

theoneandonly22 Posts : 14 Registered: 5/3/10
Brother/Sister Dance (Need Help!)
Posted: Nov 28, 2010 9:53 AM

Hello Everyone!

I am getting married sext year, and I am completely happy.

My father and I do not have much of a relationship, and I have decided not to allow him to walk me down the aisle. In my opinion, he has not been there to be my protector, my friend, or my support system. My brother who is 2 years younger than my has been a large part of my life. He will be walking me down the aisle.

The problem becomes apparent when searching for a song!! I cannot find a song that doesn't sound romantic. We are both fun-loving people so it doesn't have to be a slow jam. I cannot find anything that works!!! any suggestions??

VšnTillBruden Posts : 353 Registered: 1/16/10
Re: Brother/Sister Dance (Need Help!)
Posted: Nov 28, 2010 9:59 AM Go to message in response to: theoneandonly22

Are you familiar with the Time Warp (from Rocky Horror Picture Show)? It's a GREAT dance to do if you're fun-loving and want to get the party started.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_7u3nhANa4&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=ML4oVf-d_DwKDUx3vNkggF1hmQYz7rhpRs

The dance is really easy to learn, and the whole crowd will go nuts. Take my word for it.

Love me when I least deserve it, because that is when I need it the most. (Swedish proverb)

theoneandonly22 Posts : 14 Registered: 5/3/10
Posted: Nov 28, 2010 10:25 AM Go to message in response to: VšnTillBruden

I never even thought about that!!! My aunt introduced the Rocky Horror Picture Show to us about 8 years ago! My brother used to dance around the living room to the song!

Thank you for a great laugh and a great memory!

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Nov 29, 2010 8:47 AM Go to message in response to: theoneandonly22

Van had a great idea and really, any song that you both like or has meaning for you would be a great idea.

Some other suggestions -

"You've got a friend" - James Taylor
Ain't No Mountain High Enough---?????
Stand By Me - Ben E King
"(Just) The Way You Look Tonight" - Sinatra
Through the Years by Kenny Rogers
"in my life" by the beatles

Just some ideas - some slower, some not so slow. :-)

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 13, 2012 12:02 AM Go to message in response to: theoneandonly22

Save up to 21% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $158.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-wedding-gown-with-delicate-lace-applique-tulle-dress-p-33891.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine