Inexpensive weddings in New Jersey

Online Users: 1,296 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 3

jellister Posts : 9 Registered: 11/7/10
Inexpensive weddings in New Jersey
Posted: Nov 7, 2010 9:02 PM

As we all know now, an average wedding cost is $28,000 - $32,000. An average reception cost is $125 per person. While planning my wedding, I started to do a lot of research. I've contacted over 100 wedding sites in New Jersey and some in New York. I realize having my wedding during off season, November - April will save me at least $12,000 - $15,000. I decided to have my wedding in the Castle at Skylands Manor.

Everyone told me it was way to expensive (during wedding season, it is $220 per person on a saturday night, includes tax and gratuity, and 150 guest min. with $2200 site fee)If you have it on Friday night, April, it cost $133 per person (includes tax and gratuity) and minimum guest requirement is 100. My wedding is at least $16,500

What Im trying to accomplish is having my wedding under $20,000, an eight to ten thousand dollars less then an average wedding cost. Also, what Im trying to accomplish is having a wedding where u really want to have it, while not looking at the price, without destroying your budget. And have it all.

Do you think I can do it? I will keep you posted. What are some other ways i can save. Im doing a lot of DIY

Even though I've already booked the skyland manor, I still research to find other reception deals. I'm really trying to do everything I want under 20k. Can anyone suggest other places that has all the following criteria:

1) holds only one wedding at a time
2) inexpensive (will not pay more than $135 per person, includes tax and gratuity)
3) hotel accomendation near the premises or on the premises
4) minimum guest requirement is 100
5) must serve family style banquet. We did not want the traditional buffet and sit down dinner
6) ceremony must be held on premises
7) a place where we can take pictures outside without driving to a destination

Does anyone one know other reception places in New jersey exist besides the castle at Skylands Manor

Edited by: jellister on Nov 7, 2010 9:03 PM

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Re: Inexpensive weddings in New Jersey
Posted: Nov 7, 2010 9:12 PM Go to message in response to: jellister

You've already posted this once. There is no need to repost it - if you go to the Current Thread tab you can see where it is.

You may not have gotten a lot of answers yet because it's slow on the weekend.

jellister Posts : 9 Registered: 11/7/10
Posted: Nov 8, 2010 2:06 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

i just wanted to know if there are other places with the following criteria (the previous post)besides the skylands manor

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 15, 2012 6:38 PM Go to message in response to: jellister

Maggie Sottero Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-maggie-sottero-c-420_467.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine