Photo Scavenger Hunt Ideas

Online Users: 1,285 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 4

Mrs_Orto Posts : 14 Registered: 7/19/10
Photo Scavenger Hunt Ideas
Posted: Nov 4, 2010 2:08 PM

Hello everyone. I'm looking for some ideas for something fun I'm doing at my reception. I bought 5 disposable cameras to put on some of the guest tables (as many people do) but in an effort to avoid getting 100 pictures of people dancing, I thought it would be fun to make a "photo scavenger hunt" out of it. With each of the cameras on the table will be a message along with a list of pictures to take. Each camera has the standard 27 exposures so I want to make a list of 15-20 picture ideas for each camera. Basically just things I would like to have pictures of from the guests' point of view. Some of the cameras have the same things on them (because they'll be different pictures since they're taken by different people) but for the most part, I want different things for each camera. Right now I have 9 things for each camera so I need 6-11 more for each.

This is the message with each camera:

On the table, you will find a disposable camera for you to use to take pictures at the reception. To make things a little more fun (and to make it easier for you to decide what to capture throughout the night), here are some things the Bride and Groom would like captured from the guests’ point of view. Have fun and enjoy the night!

Here are the pictures I have so far:

Camera 1:
1. The Bride & Groom at the head table
2. You & your best friend at the reception
3. The favors
4. You with the Bride & Groom
5. The tossing of the garter
6. The wedding cake before it’s cut
7. Everyone doing the Macarena
8. The guest book
9. The cutest (not just married) couple

Camera 2:
1. The Bride & Groom’s first dance
3. The centerpieces
5. The tossing of the bouquet
6. The wedding party dance
7. Everyone doing the Cha Cha Slide
8. The couple that has been together the longest

Camera 3:
1. The Bride dancing with her father
3. The card/gift table
5. The catcher of the garter placing the garter on the catcher of the bouquet’s leg
6. The entrance of the Bride & Groom into the reception
7. Everyone doing the Cupid Shuffle
8. The bridal bouquet

Camera 4:
1. The Groom dancing with his mother
3. The DJ area
5. The removal of the garter
6. All of the Sigma Kappa Sisters
7. Everyone doing the Train
8. The bridesmaid’s bouquet

Camera 5:
1. The cake cutting
3. The bar
5. The Bride & Groom with the catchers of the garter & bouquet
6. The wedding toast
7. Everyone doing the Chicken Dance
8. The boutonnieres

Notes:

Camera 2 Picture 8 - we're doing a couple's dance, the DJ will announce for the couples that have been together less than "so and so" years sit down until there is only one couple left that has been together the longest.

Camera 4 Picture 6 - I am in the sorority, Sigma Kappa, and some of my sisters will be at the wedding.

So, that's what I have so far but I still need quite a few more ideas. The wedding is exaclty 1 month away today so I'm running out of time to think, lol. Any ideas are welcome and greatly apprciated. Thank you all so much!

Mrs. Orto
wedding websites

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: Photo Scavenger Hunt Ideas
Posted: Nov 4, 2010 2:49 PM Go to message in response to: Mrs_Orto

Dear Mrs O,

I think that's a good idea, but suggest you phrase your notes on the tables as "suggestions". You don't want people to get the idea they are required to get a long list of shots.

When I take photos, I usually take three or four of the same subject, since there's usually a few with peoples' eyes closed, or where they are itching their nose or something. Thus, 27 exposures would result in about nine or ten different subjects.

In addition, people might just want to take photos of whatever strikes their fancy.

I think your lists are enough as they are, in other words. It's a good idea, but you don't want to turn this into an onerous duty for the guests.

MizJodi Posts : 65 Registered: 3/8/07
Posted: Nov 4, 2010 2:50 PM Go to message in response to: Mrs_Orto

it's a good concept, but I'd simplify it quite a bit, especially the directions :) Google some scavanger ideas and instructions; again, less words! People are usually pretty good at figuring out what to do with them :)

dogbride Posts : 41 Registered: 4/22/10
Posted: Nov 8, 2010 1:57 PM Go to message in response to: Mrs_Orto

I think it sounds cute and fun BUT not sure I would waste the $ on it. The cost of the camera plus developing for a couple ok pix would not be where I would put the $.

We just got married (YEAH!!), and within hours, our friends and family were already posting digital pix on facebook. So, we are able to see the wedding from the view of our guests and the ones our professional photographer took. Luckily, many of the guests had excellent cameras and equally excellent photos. What we are thinking of doing is taking all the cool guest digital pix and making a book with them.

My concern with your idea is that you will have spend $200-$300 on three decent pictures. Just from looking at your list, I had those photos from family on facebook in less than a week.

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 14, 2012 9:14 PM Go to message in response to: Mrs_Orto

Jennifer Bridal Dress Show, Starting from 229.99USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/jennifer-bridal-dress-p-45682.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine