Weekday wedding??

Online Users: 1,347 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

SaiyukiFG Posts : 2 Registered: 10/15/10
Weekday wedding??
Posted: Oct 15, 2010 11:20 PM

So it saves a TON of money for me to get married on a weekday and in the fall. It will actually save me $500 on my venue alone to be married during the weekday!

But how difficult would it be to have a weekday wedding in the evening? The ceremony won't be terribly long so I think I could effectively have my wedding run from 5:00 to 9:00 p.m.

I do have family who need to come from out of state, but my fiancé's family lives within 25 miles of the venue.

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: Weekday wedding??
Posted: Oct 15, 2010 11:25 PM Go to message in response to: SaiyukiFG

Dear Say,

In general, there will be people who will not be able to attend a wedding during the week. They have school, work or other issues.

My best suggestion to you would be to make a list of the really truly must-invites: Grandparents. Parents. Siblings.

Talk to those people, and see if they could attend a weekday wedding. If they could do it, then make a new list of other people you really want to attend, then ask them.

That should give you some kind of idea of how flexible your closest family and friends can be.

Personally, I would find it difficult to attend a mid-week wedding, seeing as how I get up at 5:00 am every day. I would be able to go to a Friday wedding. I'd "sleep in" until 5:30!

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Oct 16, 2010 7:38 AM Go to message in response to: SaiyukiFG

I'm with Aunt on this. Also, realize that anyone who travels will have to take off of work 2 days - they may not have the ability to do so or the time.

And even local people will have to take off AT LEAST a half day to make it if not a full day.

Personally I'd find it very inconvenient and if it wasn't in my immediate area would end up declining.

Also, I don't know how big your WP is, but are you having a rehearsal the night before? Are you going to expect them to take off of work early the night before AND the day of? That's a lot to ask especially if they don't have vacation days.

But if you do what AOTB suggested then at least you know your must haves will be there.

Although I'd personally look into cutting the guest list and having it on a weekend or even a Friday night which would require most of your OOT guests to only take off a day of work.

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 15, 2012 6:21 PM Go to message in response to: SaiyukiFG

Rosa Clara Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/designer-bridal-collections-rosa-clara-c-420_451.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine