Wedding color combinations for Fall

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

amesa10018256 Posts : 4 Registered: 2/24/10
Wedding color combinations for Fall
Posted: Oct 8, 2010 11:30 PM

Hi everyone, my name is Alina and I got engaged on July 4th and since then we have already been planning our wedding. We have chosen the date of October 22, 2011, have chosen our photographer, videographer, dj, church venue, reception site and now i'm having a hard time choosing colors. I have thought about brunt orange as the main color but can't come up with colors that I really like to go with it and then I thought bout copper or wine and even plum as the main color but nothing stands out at me. I need help, my sister is working on our invitations and same the dates and i am stuck on colors for the wedding. So if anyone can help or give me ideas I would really appreciate it.

turtle2 Posts : 56 Registered: 11/3/09
Re: Wedding color combinations for Fall
Posted: Oct 10, 2010 5:43 PM Go to message in response to: amesa10018256

brown or dark red (think roses) are the traditional combinations. Or a white/cream. An unexpected color would be blue. Either a sky blue or a navy blue would be fine. Golden yellow is also nice

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Re: Wedding color combinations for Fall
Posted: Oct 26, 2010 7:05 PM Go to message in response to: amesa10018256

Go to the paint store and get paint chips. You can easily get several sets of the colors you choose, and those can be carried around and held against items you're looking, given to vendors, etc.

And look in color FAMILIES. If the item goes beautifully with what you have selected (not if it is a color match), then it will look amazing.

We used the chips when we bought things ... and when we finally assembled everything, it looked stunning. It was not perfectly matchy matchy, but everything blended together very lovely.

Misty

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine