Help! I can't find a venue!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

nycbride2b Posts : 1 Registered: 8/31/10
Help! I can't find a venue!
Posted: Aug 31, 2010 10:20 AM

Does anyone know any good venues in either the NYC metro, Hudson Valley, or White Plains/Westchester area? We are doing a 1920's speakeasy/vintage hollywood theme and I'm having a hard time finding a reception location with that intimate, speakeasy feel. I don't know Hudson Valley or White Plains at all. We live in NYC and just want to get out of the city to get married. Any suggestions?

sassy411 Posts : 52 Registered: 8/16/10
Re: Help! I can't find a venue!
Posted: Aug 31, 2010 10:32 AM Go to message in response to: nycbride2b

I'm sorry, I don't have any venue suggestions. But, I did want to mention that I'm seeing horror stories on the boards about brides placing deposits & venue sites going out of business or bankrupt. It's just reality in this economy.

I hope all of our brides are using credit cards to book their venues. You just never know right now & things will be even worse in a few months when taxes go up.

At least with a cc, you have some hope of getting your money back.

wedding1978 Posts : 1 Registered: 9/3/10
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 4:37 PM Go to message in response to: sassy411

You can insure your wedding on a service such as wed safe in the event a venue or service provider goes out of business or something similar happens outside of your control. The cost of insurance is really rather low and is well worth the risk. (You can also add on additional physical liability insurance in the event your venue does not provide adequate personal liability coverage for your guests and also ask them about adding on additional coverages should you need to provide any other proof of insurance to your venue.) I strongly suggest looking into it. As for speakeasy-esque venues I haven't seen anything outside of the boroughs; good luck!

JeanMarie86 Posts : 1 Registered: 4/1/10
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 10:56 PM Go to message in response to: nycbride2b

what about chelsea piers the lighthouse or tarrytown new york has a nice reception hall i just cant remember the name of it

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine