DIY Dessert Display!

Online Users: 1,304 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

brittdawn25 Posts : 1 Registered: 8/12/10
DIY Dessert Display!
Posted: Aug 12, 2010 6:45 PM

ok so in a recent issue of Brides magazine there was this really cute dessert display made from galvanized buckets and trays. here is a link with a picture of what i am talking about:

http://www.brides.com/wedding-ideas/editorial-pick/2010/04/country-charm#slide=8

I would love to make this dessert display... or something similar to it for my wedding to use for our cupcakes.... the problem is... I CAN'T FIND ANY TRAYS! :(....
does anyone know of anywhere that I can find trays like the ones shown in the magazine and online? Martha Stewart made a similar craft to this as well but no mention on her site where to buy the trays either...

any help would be appreciated! Thanks! :D

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: DIY Dessert Display!
Posted: Aug 12, 2010 8:13 PM Go to message in response to: brittdawn25

Dear Brit,

I think I know!

Go to a full fledged garden shop or nursery and look at the things they have to put under pots so they don't drip a lot of water.

I went with a friend to a garden shop a few days ago, and she got something like that.

Might work, might not.

myras Posts : 396 Registered: 2/26/10
Re: DIY Dessert Display!
Posted: Aug 12, 2010 9:56 PM Go to message in response to: brittdawn25

In reviewing the slide show, it looks like many of the serving dishes are actually cooking or baking pans. You can go to a restaurant supply warehouse or website and find just about any size and shape that you want (cheap!)

myra@classysassyweddings.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine