What is your main worry for the wedding day?

Online Users: 1,282 guest(s), 5 user(s). Replies: 34

hipfin Posts : 16 Registered: 10/26/09
Re: What is your main worry for the wedding day?
Posted: Jul 27, 2010 1:31 PM Go to message in response to: MirraUnwin

im worried about the table settings. every one of our tables are different themed antiques. theres a sewing table, horseback riding table, radio table, old fan table, traveling table just to name a few. i love them, but everyone is telling me i should just relax that day but i want to be there to set them up perfectly!
also the wind. we are getting married righhhht on the water on oct 23. i dont want alll my pics coming out with me holding my veil on my head lol!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers

KellyAmiri Posts : 29 Registered: 7/25/10
Posted: Jul 27, 2010 1:34 PM Go to message in response to: hipfin

Thunderstorms. Wind. Rain. I guess I should add tornado to my list after reading the previous post! I've never imagined anything but an outdoor wedding, but it's just a terrible thing to worry about.

Misstnt Posts : 26 Registered: 5/21/10
Posted: Jul 27, 2010 4:40 PM Go to message in response to: KellyAmiri

you know, that's funny, I'm having an outdoor wedding and the thought of bad weather really hasn't crossed my mind much yet, at least not enough that I'm worrying about it! Maybe I should be more worried about that than other things!

katetr29147 Posts : 1 Registered: 1/23/10
Posted: Aug 1, 2010 8:28 PM Go to message in response to: MirraUnwin

That my fiance will be deployed and we will have to reschedule everything while worrying about him at the same time.

waitingforOct30 Posts : 25 Registered: 12/22/09
Posted: Aug 3, 2010 12:38 PM Go to message in response to: katetr29147

Right now I have a sore throat and I feel like I'm coming down with something nasty. So my biggest fear is having the flu with a high temperature and feeling terrible on my wedding day and my honeymoon. I think I'm going to be taking lots of vitamins the weeks prior to the wedding.

SpideyBridey Posts : 66 Registered: 5/17/09
Posted: Aug 4, 2010 11:19 AM Go to message in response to: waitingforOct30

Like a previous post said..I'm worried about myself worrying on the wedding day. I have a little bit of anxiety and have had panic attacks before - so I'm hoping that I can get through the day really enjoying myself.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Marryingmytruel... Posts : 135 Registered: 2/11/10
Posted: Aug 8, 2010 11:03 AM Go to message in response to: SpideyBridey

My main concern is money, it's a lot of money to spend on one day and I've had several people make comments to me like: "Don't waste your money on stuff like centerpieces or favors, it's not worth it." My half-sister got married last year and a lot of things went wrong at her wedding and she told me that they should of bought a new car instead of spending about $10,000 on a 'stupid dinner' as she put it.

I guess I don't want to feel like I've wasted money.

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Aug 8, 2010 11:40 AM Go to message in response to: Marryingmytruel...

Dear MMTL,

It's not a waste of money if it's something you want to do.

Everybody has discretionary income. Unless you are living at rock bottom subsistence level, you have some amount of money that you can spend however you like.

Furthermore, it's a fact of life that people will criticize whatever discretionarly spending you choose.

Let's say that you get your paycheck, then after you've paid your rent, paid your bills, put money in savings, given to charity, you have $200 left to spend as you please.

Let's say you take $100 of that and buy yourself a designer handbag. You've wanted it, you love it and you feel good about yourself when you go out in the world carrying it.

Don't you know there will be negative comments? "What a waste of money." "I can't see spending that kind of money on a purse." "I never buy retail - always buy handbags from the thrift store." "You could wait a year, then get the same handbag on eBay for half price."

Ignore them. Totally. It's your money, your handbag and you can spend your hard-earned money as you like.

It's the same thing with a wedding. Some people like minimalistic weddings. Some people like giant extravaganzas. Your choice. Take the money you have and spend it how you choose, and don't listen to the naysayers.

MyronandNifer Posts : 3 Registered: 3/21/08
Posted: Aug 8, 2010 11:07 PM Go to message in response to: MirraUnwin

My biggest worry right now is that I won't be able to take time to enjoy the day. I've tried so hard to enjoy this entire process and make it so that we'll have time to enjoy the day of, but as the day gets closer, it feels like I won't have much time to actually stand there and enjoy my husband and the wonderful family and friends there to celebrate us.

And I worry about people. People not having fun. People starting drama. That sort of people. But I can't control people, so whatever.

wedding planning

futureswedishbr... Posts : 115 Registered: 7/27/10
Posted: Nov 8, 2010 11:24 AM Go to message in response to: MyronandNifer

My biggest worry for the wedding day has already happened. My fiance is in Afghanistan with the Army at the moment. I'm left to plan most of it myself.

WellWisher Posts : 175 Registered: 1/2/10
Posted: Nov 8, 2010 1:16 PM Go to message in response to: futureswedishbr...

My biggest worry is my older sister. I'm worried that she'll be really mean, negative, and/or jealous (she's been dating the same guy for over 4 years and no ring) and that I'll be crying on my way up the aisle... not because I'm so happy, but because she'll have ruined my day. I try to remind myself that I am in control of how I feel, but man she knows how to cut to the core.

Archie Posts : 6 Registered: 11/15/10
Posted: Nov 26, 2010 12:34 AM Go to message in response to: MirraUnwin

I am not too worried at all. I can't control the weather, I can't control most things. So long as on the day I am there, FH is there and a celebrant is there then I will get married and that is the point of the day. Everything else will come down to window dressing.

If the worst happens and one of the three required persons can't be there, then so long as they live there will be a chance to get married and live happily ever after. The other option is not worth thinking about.

valeroo224730 Posts : 4 Registered: 2/8/08
Posted: Dec 10, 2010 1:21 PM Go to message in response to: MirraUnwin

I'm worried about weather. I know that if it rains or is REALLY cold, we can easily move the ceremony inside. I'm more concerned that it'll be a random extremely hot/humid day, because we always get a couple of those in october.

but also, I kind of feel that there's a lot of things that could go wrong, and a lot of them, if they DO go wrong, I can't possibly get upset/freak out over them. it's my WEDDING day. My mom and grandma though, I'm afraid the 2 of them will be flipping out over every single little thing and cause me MAJOR anxiety.

ArcheryGirl Posts : 22 Registered: 4/15/10
Posted: Dec 21, 2011 1:46 PM Go to message in response to: valeroo224730

I'm actually not worried yet. I would prefer it to snow than rain (then I could arrive in a horse drawn sleigh!) but I can't control the weather. I'm not worried about the ceremony or if we'll have enough food. I expect only a certain amount of people to dance to the music we picked and that's fine.
I guess I'm more worried about our honeymoon. I want to have enough spending money that we can get whatever we want (within reason). It would be great if: FH could find a job to allieviate this, we could win the lottery, or if our guests would use the honeymoon registry. Everything is a "wait and see".

JamesAlicia0612 Posts : 9 Registered: 12/24/11
Posted: Dec 24, 2011 8:28 PM Go to message in response to: MirraUnwin

The first few months of my engagement I kept having dreams about it being the day of my wedding and not having ANYTHING planned!

I had a dream that it was a few hours before my wedding and all I had planned was the site that we were getting married. I frantically searched around WALMART for a wedding dress! Then my wedding dress got stolen! We ended up not getting married and pushing back the wedding date for another year.

Ya I'm absolutely terrified that I wont get things done in time or things wont work right or someone in my family will show up drunk and beat up someone else!

Ugh I'm so scared :(

Wedding Tickers

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine