Is a wedding on labour day a bad idea?

Online Users: 1,245 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

Kate2012 Posts : 30 Registered: 1/25/10
Is a wedding on labour day a bad idea?
Posted: Jul 29, 2010 1:51 PM

My FI and I have been discussing moving our wedding date from Sept 2012 to Sept 2011. If we were to move up the wedding a year, the only date we could do would be the labour day weekend.

Would you have a problem if you were invited to a wedding on this weekend? Another issue is that his immediate family always has a camping trip that weekend. I am sure that they wouldn't have an issue moving it to the August long weekend but it is something I would have to discuss with them.

agd1017 Posts : 464 Registered: 9/14/09
Re: Is a wedding on labour day a bad idea?
Posted: Jul 29, 2010 3:24 PM Go to message in response to: Kate2012

I am going to two different weddings this Labor Day weekend. I don't see anything wrong with it. But if your family already has an annual event scheduled for that weekend, you might check with them before you plan your wedding for then.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Jul 29, 2010 8:13 PM Go to message in response to: Kate2012

Definitely clear it with his family first. Other than that, I see no problem with it.

My best friend got married on a Labor Day weekend. I actually appreciated it since it gave me more time to hang out, travel for the wedding, etc., without worrying about missing work.

preview image

CarrieAnne Posts : 3 Registered: 8/12/10
Posted: Aug 27, 2010 4:29 PM Go to message in response to: Kate2012

I hope it isn't a problem because we're getting married next labour day-- September 3, 2011!!

Because I'm a teacher and I'm also a graduate student, I need the summer to pull all the last minute details together!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine