Register for lingerie?

Online Users: 1,301 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

AutumnGlamour Posts : 1 Registered: 7/13/10
Register for lingerie?
Posted: Jul 23, 2010 1:26 PM

Hi girls,

My MOH filled me in that she is planning a lingerie themed bach. where everyone brings some lingerie as a gift instead of games or gags. That sounds like a great idea to me and it's not up to me anyways, but I feel a bit concerned because I have trouble finding undergarments that fit right on my own or that I think I look good in...I don't know how easy it would be for my friends to pick stuff out for me that on their own.

I was wondering if registries exist for lingerie in Canada? Is it even appropriate to register for lingerie gifts that are part of a bachelorette, or should I leave it up to the girls invited? Does it look like I am gift grabbing if I am aware that I am getting gifts so I set up a registry of them? Or do you think they will appreciate knowing they will get me something that I will wear? Is there an ettiquette for this?

Thank you!!

myras Posts : 396 Registered: 2/26/10
Re: Register for lingerie?
Posted: Jul 23, 2010 6:31 PM Go to message in response to: AutumnGlamour

Why not let your MOH know sizes, favorite shops, and styles. Have her encourage your guests to include gift receipts, so you can return items that don't fit. I wouldn't register specifically for the shower. Your friends probably will have fun picking out things that are a bit racier, especially for a bachelorette party.

myra@classysassyweddings.com

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Jul 23, 2010 6:32 PM Go to message in response to: AutumnGlamour

Dear AG,

If you know your MOH is planning a lingerie shower, then I see nothing wrong with registering for gifts. You most likely would keep that registry separate from the regular bridal registry at other stores. No sense letting Aunt Martha know you want black lace underpants.

My suggestion would be to check with Victoria's Secret and see if they have a bridal registry. I'd like to bet they do.

Then, when MOH invites various friends, and if those friends ask about a registry, MOH can fill them in.

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Jul 26, 2010 6:53 PM Go to message in response to: AutumnGlamour

I think registering would be a great idea, even if it is just to give people an idea of your personal taste. I know if I was buying lingerie for a friend's bachelorette party I would like a little guidance. I don't want to buy crotchless panties if she is a satin nightgown type of girl. LoL.

Both Frederick's of Hollywood and Victoria's Secret have registry and wish list features.

musicalbride Posts : 2 Registered: 8/24/10
Posted: Aug 24, 2010 7:15 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

That's such a great idea from your MOH! You can never have too much lingerie :) I'll have to let my MOH know about this when she starts planning!

MissApril Posts : 276 Registered: 1/21/09
Posted: Aug 24, 2010 7:45 PM Go to message in response to: AutumnGlamour

As long as you don't mind your friends knowing your lingerie preferences, just go for it. If they don't like what you picked, they'll get something else, and know what size you wear. You never know, they might find something you wouldn't expect to love! (or hate, but who cares? Not like you paid for it)

;)

Life happens! I'm no longer WaitingForApril2010

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine