The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!

Online Users: 1,322 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,599

Brooke051609 Posts : 723 Registered: 12/31/07
Re: The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!
Posted: Jul 23, 2010 5:50 PM Go to message in response to: KaylaMarriedBrett

Oh Mush! This would just be crazy if we both ended up preggo. I'm breaking down and buying a test tonight, just to see... so we'll see how it goes! Not sure how I would feel about it, well I know I would be REALLY happy to be pregnant with my hubby, but I know panic would set in as well cause we're not completely ready yet, at least financially. We're not doing bad or anything, but could do just a bit better before adding to the family! But, guess we'll see what happens! :)

Bally, hope all goes well for your sis!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Jul 23, 2010 11:36 PM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

Really busy writing a paper right now. All you ladies sent your AF to me! LMAO. Cramps so bad that not even a midol and Corona cocktail can help! I'm thrilled!!!!! I'm not in the right frame of mind at this moment to get pregnant. I have a term paper. lmao.

Brooke - You'll have to get preggo for the both of us now. All the other ladies, I'm sending lots of TTC baby dust your way!!!

wedding ticker

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jul 23, 2010 11:51 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Mush - Yay! I'm really happy for you as I know that a baby is not what you want now (if ever) - I'll take the baby dust!! LOL

Posted: Jul 24, 2010 1:47 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Mush- Glad AF made her visit to you! ;) I took my test last night and it was negative. So a relief for us right now but I couldn't help but be a little bummed. But I'm having a huge headache right now which I ALWAYS get right before AF, so maybe she'll visit me too in the next day or too! haha It'll just be a relief to have my body doing what it's supposed to since I've been on BC since I was 14, I don't really know what my body will do.

And yes, lots of good TTC vibes to everyone else! :)

Posted: Jul 26, 2010 9:36 PM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

Well girls, good news! AF has finally arrived!!! YAY!! :) This is such reliving news for me, to finally feel a bit normal. So that's my big news for the day, as un-fun as it has been, AF has come with a vengeance after 14 years of being tamed! haha How were all of your weekends??

MrsSy Posts : 504 Registered: 7/6/08
Posted: Jul 27, 2010 7:20 AM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

Mush & Brooke, hopw you are "enjoying" AF, lol.

Weekend was good and busy. We took Dylan to the pool on Saturday. The first time he went in, DH was holding him. And he was a little scare and starting at the water like what is this? lol. The second time he went in I was holding him. But we almost fell. I thought I was going in on the steps of the jacuzzi (there's a jacuzzi next to the pool). It was too deep and I loose balance. DH was able to hold both of us and help me balanced. I hold Dylan so hard, he got a little scare. But after that he enjoyed himself, and learned how to splash.

On Sunday we started solids. He didn't eat too much, and made tons of faces, lol. But yesterday he ate more. He's going to be 6 months next week! Now that he's rolling over all the time, he's sleeping on his tummy. I put him on his back and he always roll over to his tummy, get comfy and fall asleep.

I'm back working 10 hrs starting today :(. I got so used to work 8 hrs and being home early. Yesterday, my day off, I cooked for 3 days while Dylan was keeping me company in the kitchen.

Proud Member of the P.O.O.P.

Joan8960 Posts : 1 Registered: 8/20/10
Posted: Aug 20, 2010 11:44 AM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

My pregnancy with my oldest was managed by a midwife and the second by a MD there really was no difference in the treatment. I was allowed to go over due with both. My water had to be broken with both I needed to get stitches with both. No major difference between the two pregnancies or deliveries except I had an idea of what to expect with the second one.

Edited by: Joan8960 on Aug 20, 2010 11:45 AM

onlinebingo Posts : 1 Registered: 9/28/10
Posted: Sep 28, 2010 10:07 AM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

good luck to you, hope that you can have more fun and happiness. Best wish

JaniceO Posts : 980 Registered: 12/5/06
Posted: Oct 4, 2010 2:26 PM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

That's exactly what I tried to avoid too. DH was let go by his employer when I was 8 months pregnant so we really tried to get by with the bare minimum. I also used all the BRU coupons I could. I would go almost daily and by one item at a time with the 20% off one item coupons. It was funny, but added up!

It's funny, I didn't buy a wipe warmer because I didn't think it was a necessity, but then ended up buy one after Faith was born. Faith would pee all over everything the moment you wiped her with a cold wipe. And it almost always meant getting out another clean diaper and another outfit. Thankfully, once we had warm wipes, we didn't have that issue anymore and it saved me a ton of laundry!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Oct 4, 2010 3:18 PM Go to message in response to: JaniceO

Ha the wipe warmer! Thats always my go-to item when I am bitching about what I really need! LOL. I said it to my sister and she is like "hey I have one!" and I said "ok do you USE it?" and she goes "well its upstairs and I always change their diapers downstairs, so no". SEE!?

Its funny b/c this isnt like registering for your wedding b/c you KNOW what you need in your house. But a baby...no idea whats I need and don't. I guess its going to be total trial and error.

Oh and does anyone else think its odd that my SIL created a "Wish List" on babiesrus.com?? I looked it up last night. It's mostly clothes and toys..but seems a little odd. I already told DH to have a conversation with his mom and sister. I know they are excited but this is NOT the only time they will buy things for the baby. I dont want it to be the MIL and SIL show at my shower...

a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Posted: Oct 4, 2010 3:39 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

Your SIL created a Wish List for you?? Yes, that does seem odd.

I'm also more inclined to buy a couple of things and then sort of see where we stand. Again, I have limited space in our house and we're pack rats as is!

Posted: Oct 4, 2010 3:49 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

She created it for herself to buy things off of for my baby. At least I think so. What I dont get is that they have WAY more variety of clothes at the store...so it all makes so sense..and scares me LOL! I dont even have a wish list...I just save things to my favorites when I see them.

I am not buying a single thing. The only thing we're getting is the furniture. And his mom gave us money towards that. ANything we dont get, we'll just figure it out later. We're sinking a nice bit of money into renovating her room though...

Posted: Oct 4, 2010 3:59 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

We'll have to paint and either buy curtains or I'll make some for the room.

We need a crib, don't know about a bassinet (just haven't made a decision), a car seat and some sort of stroller.

However, I do NOT want some monster stroller that takes up an aisle wherever you are or that one lady used as a battering ram on me yesterday (mind you, she was coming at me on the left of a wide lane at the State Faire - but she wasn't moving out of the way. I jumped.) I got really frustrated when we were at the NJ aquarium - granted it was crowded, but these people had these HUGE strollers that took up all the space in the aisle OR decided they would try and run people who couldn't move, over with their huge strollers. So between them and the teenagers - that I spoke to about their behavior, I was beyond frustrated.)

EDIT: So the system you used Janice actually sounded appealing. I'm just not sure at this point, but I think that's OK with where we are at.... ;-)

Edited by: PharmToxGirl on Oct 4, 2010 4:08 PM

Posted: Oct 4, 2010 4:24 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

My DH just tried to tell his pregnant wife that mozzarella sticks are not a valid dinner item. And he meant it too. He's seriously been such an ass the past couple of days.

JaniceO Posts : 980 Registered: 12/5/06
Posted: Oct 4, 2010 5:10 PM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

So funny NJ, sounds like my DH! He had the nerve to change my drink order from ice tea to water once when I was pregnant. I almost killed him!! He panicked every time I ate fish too.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine