The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,599

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Re: The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!
Posted: Jul 19, 2010 2:17 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I tried the ovulation kits one month and it said I was ovulating right when I thought I would be...but it didnt work that time either. So after that I figured it was a waste of money!

I read online that taking that mucus medicine is supposed to help and whats weird is I was taking it for actually being sick right at the same time I conceived. So later on I was wondering if maybe that did have an affect or if it's just a bunch of crap like LOTS of other TTC and pregnancy things I have been reading.

Speaking of lots of crap I was on thebump.com this weekend looking around and wow that site is horrid. The girls on the boards seem to be in la-la land and some of the advice given by the website is ridiculous. For foods not to be eaten-- tap water was included. I have never heard that one, and it didnt give an explanation. I dont drink tap water, however my tap doesn't come from the Delaware down the street so I am pretty sure I'd be OK...

a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Brooke051609 Posts : 723 Registered: 12/31/07
Posted: Jul 19, 2010 3:57 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

Hey Girls! Well I'm on the AF watch with you Mush! She's due Wednesday and you're right, the wait is crazy!

Pharm- will send good ovulating vibes your way! :)

Do any of you girls have any suggestions for a good pregnancy book? My friend gave me what to expect while you're expecting, but wondered if there was one out there any of you particularly loved. I like the ones that take you through TTC all the way through the first few weeks or so after delivery and those that show you what's going on week by week too. So anyway, thought I'd pick your brains! Thanks!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jul 19, 2010 4:22 PM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

My friend LOVES The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy.

I've been reading it and enjoying it.

MrsSy Posts : 504 Registered: 7/6/08
Posted: Jul 21, 2010 7:35 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Mush & Brooke, any news from AF?

Dylan is teething. Any advice? So far I heard frozen pops, bananas and carrots, teething cookies. We haven't try any of those yet. He takes the teething ring, but if is cold I have to hold it for him, lol.

Being held up it seems to calm him down, but my back doesn't like it. Is sore after a couple of minutes. I had to rock him to sleep this past two nights. I'm hoping after all this he will go back to sleep on his own.

We try to keep him distract by singing, dancing, and doing silly stuff.

Proud Member of the P.O.O.P.

Posted: Jul 21, 2010 4:12 PM Go to message in response to: MrsSy

No sign of AF yet... yikes.. I'm just telling myself to chill out and it's just my body trying to figure out where all it's BC has gone!

Mush how about you??

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Jul 21, 2010 6:48 PM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

Sy, quite a few people on BabyCenter (particularly on the Crunchy Mamas thread) swear by amber teething necklaces. Amber contains an acid that supposedly alleves the pain just by the baby wearing the necklace. I haven't tried it myself so I can't personally vouch for it, but I'll probably try it when we need it. Here's a link to a place where you can buy them:

http://www.momsmilkboutique.com/Amber_Jewelry_106_cat.html

Also, my brother and SIL like Hyland's teething tablets for my nephew. They're homeopathic. Again, can't vouch for them personally yet! But they also swear by them. I've seen them at Target but they can probably be found at pharmacies too.

Edited by: HappyGirl13 on Jul 21, 2010 3:48 PM

preview image

March32007 Posts : 118 Registered: 5/10/06
Posted: Jul 21, 2010 10:35 PM Go to message in response to: MrsSy

MrsSy - I used a toothbrush - toddler size for teething. The bristles seemed to feel good to my kiddos and helped the gums breakdown. My daughter did well with the amber necklaces as well. My son drooled too much to use the amber! Good luck!

Posted: Jul 22, 2010 11:58 AM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

I have the Complete Illustrated Guide to Pregnancy. You can find it on Amazon. It was recommended to me by a friend and I really like it. I also heard the Girlfriends Guide is good. What I like about the Complete Illustrated one is it is week by week but it's not too clinical. It also has nicely broken down chapters and gives you things to look out for each week. I am not sure if it includes TTC stuff. I kinda just skipped to by week when it arrived at my house! LOL.

I also purchased The Birth Partner for DH to read. And me too! Anyone on here ever use a Doula? I am totally thinking about it...

Posted: Jul 22, 2010 12:06 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

I also forgot to add that I have What To Expect and I am not really a fan. I think it's a little hypcritical and constantly "switches sides". For example according to the book: You should not smoke, drink, do drugs, drink coffee..etc while TTC. But a few pages later says "do not worry if you smoke, drank, did drugs or drank coffee before you knew you were pregnant". Well what is it?! Also, I was (and still am) a little crampy off and on during the day. No where in that book did it mention anything about this. So of course I got a little worried. But look anywhere online or any book and it says mild cramps are completely normal and not to worry unless its accompanied by bleeding.

It's important to research all kinds of pregnancy books and make the right choices for yourself. Amazon has been GREAT with this!

I also purchased a Prenatal YOga DVD, recommended to me and then a Pregnancy Workout DVD that Amazon had up, again with amazing reviews. The prenatal one is "Prenatal Yoga with Shiva Rea" and the other is called "Perfect Pregnancy". Just a little FYI. They should be arriving any day!

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Jul 22, 2010 7:31 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

NJ, just so you know I loved the Perfect Preg workout DVD. I credit the muscle tone I had by the end of the pregnancy to that workout. I didn't get bored with it, either. But I thought Shiva Rea's yoga workout was too easy even for a yoga workout. For what it's worth. I hope you like them, though.

preview image

MrsSy Posts : 504 Registered: 7/6/08
Posted: Jul 22, 2010 8:55 PM Go to message in response to: HappyGirl13

Thanks Happy and March. I'll check them.

Proud Member of the P.O.O.P.

Posted: Jul 22, 2010 9:08 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

Thanks NJ!!! Those are really good suggestions! I'm so tempted to just buy them all now! haha You'll have to let us know how you like the workouts! I've been really interested in how to change my workout once I do become pregnant. I'm sure what I do now is too much.

Still no sign of AF.... still not worried, buy might buy a test this weekend just for fun haha

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Jul 22, 2010 10:21 PM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

Hey ladies. I'm not dead. I have a term paper and two midterms within the next week so I've been a bit busy. I am 4 days late. I took a test. It was negative. However, a girlfriend I haven't seen in a month saw me today for the first time and said "Missy, you look pregnant. You're glowing. Is that why we're having dinner?" I almost fell over.

My mom said I didn't show up on a preggo test till 14 weeks thru the doctor!!!! I'm sorry. I'm giving AF 10 more days before I go to my doctor. I've never been off cycle even when on or coming off BC.

LOL, Brooke, who knows maybe we knocked ourselves up on accident? God, that's karma for me, eh?

wedding ticker

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jul 23, 2010 11:03 AM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Ah the irony Mush. I would gladly send my AF over to you if I could!

KaylaMarriedBrett Posts : 146 Registered: 3/12/08
Posted: Jul 23, 2010 1:48 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Ok i've only posted in this thread like once.
I started to read all 212 pages of this thread, but couldn't finish.
Is it weird that all of a sudden i've been wanting to read all about pregnancy and TTC info?
It's only 9 months after our wedding and i'm like in baby mode!

When is my wedding

Next time a sunrise steals your breath or a meadow of flowers leaves you speechless, remain that way. Say nothing and listen as heaven whispers, "Do you like it? I did it just for you."

http://brettandkayla.ourweddingday.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine