New Brides.com

Online Users: 1,364 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 59

KCI Posts : 150 Registered: 3/30/09
Re: New Brides.com
Posted: Jun 30, 2010 10:16 AM Go to message in response to: Moderator

Thanks for replying to my comments.

The circles are all outlines - nothing filled in/half filled in based on activity. I think this idea will work as well as the bold used to, it's just not working for me.

And I don't have a save button on my profile page. I went back after you said look for the green save button, but it is nowhere to be seen on my profile page.

Thanks!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*Met: 9/17/2009 *Started Dating: 11/14/2009 *Engaged: 11/13/2010 *Mr and Mrs: 9/17/2011
Daisypath Wedding tickers

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Jun 30, 2010 12:13 PM Go to message in response to: Moderator

I dont like how you can't see the person's wedding date under their pic anymore :(

You also can't see when the newer posts were made. In the old forum the newer posts were in bold then once you click on it they were not bold anymore.

Everything is so white. It needs more color! I liked the color of the old forum.

I guess I just need getting used to it but I liked the older site better so far.

Photobucket wedding ticker

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Check out my wedding pictures in the photo gallery of my wedding website!!! :)

Posted: Jun 30, 2010 1:08 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Cheetah - I've mentioned the new posts not being bold anymore too. The reply was that those circles next to forum names and posts are supposed to take over that function. The Moderator said they're supposed to be colored in for new topic, half colored in for new posts in old topics, and outlines only if you're up to date with everything in the forum.

I think the idea would work as well as the bold did, but my circles aren't working like they should right now. She said she would talk to tech support and see if there was something going on. Hopefully they work because I liked to be able to easily identify if there was a new topic.

*Met: 9/17/2009 *Started Dating: 11/14/2009 *Engaged: 11/13/2010 *Mr and Mrs: 9/17/2011

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: Jun 30, 2010 1:16 PM Go to message in response to: KCI

Cheetah,

I agree about the whiteness aspect. For me, it will take getting use to, it's so bright!! I also miss the wedding date info. It was useful too in identifying some vendors, you know, the ones who would fake talk about planning for their wedding, and then have like 10 different wedding dates on their various spam posts! But also, just cause I liked it with the real posters.

Proud Member of P.O.O.P.,  People Offended by Offended People

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Jun 30, 2010 2:05 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

Ladies,

I agree, having the wedding date in the post was helpful.

"Oh, I just can't decide between my two BFFs for Maid of Honor".

If the wedding date said 2/1/2016, then it's easy to say "Hey, chill for a while!".

agd1017 Posts : 464 Registered: 9/14/09
Posted: Jun 30, 2010 2:32 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Pharm- in the old format, if you were on the main forums page, you could click on the thread name in any given section and it would take you to the last post. The only way I know how to do it now is to go to the section and then click on the last page of the thread, before going into the thread. Example- my month-thread has 104 pages. So I click on the little 104 and it takes me right to that page, without having to go to the first page and waiting for it to load.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

Posted: Jun 30, 2010 2:37 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Ok the COMMUNITY PROFILE does not have a save or continue button. The website account page does have a continue button. But if you are wanting to change anything in your community profile, such as details about your wedding, the wedding date, etc... there is no way to save the changes.

I just noticed about the wedding date no longer being there... that really stinks! Moderator, can we get this back?

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

karebeartg Posts : 831 Registered: 6/25/08
Posted: Jun 30, 2010 2:54 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

By far the biggest thing I miss/need is the recent threads option. I know Allison mentioned it was in the works...I hope it's soon.

wdubin Posts : 49 Registered: 4/27/08
Posted: Jun 30, 2010 3:50 PM Go to message in response to: Moderator

Never got the email. If I did I would have saved everything because I put allot of time collecting all of the photos and I went back to them quite often. It's really disappointing that I can no longer clip images, such as dresses any more. Don't understand the reasoning for getting rid of that feature. Not happy with the changes and not sure I will be returning to this site any longer.

Moderator Posts : 211 Registered: 3/31/06
Posted: Jun 30, 2010 4:31 PM Go to message in response to: wdubin

@wdubin

We aren't happy with the change either. We didn't want to get rid of the feature. We were told we had to.

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jun 30, 2010 4:33 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Pharm- in the old format, if you were on the main forums page, you could click on the thread name in any given section and it would take you to the last post.

Not if you were in the NWR forum itself. It took you to the first post.

Now, when you see the thread title - it tells you how many pages are there BEFORE opening the thread. Say you're in Forum Help and you see all the thread titles, you also see all the pages. You can click on the last page there.

Let's see if the italics thing worked.

Edited by: PharmToxGirl on Jun 30, 2010 4:34 PM

Moderator Posts : 211 Registered: 3/31/06
Posted: Jun 30, 2010 4:49 PM Go to message in response to: Moderator

Hmm the whole reporting threads thing didn't work. Said it's under maintenance, so I guess this will work soon?
@MikaylaK

I'll report that issue to tech! In all honesty the program I use to manage reported threads stinks. It is much, much easier if you just PM me the URL to the thread or the link to the offending user's profile.

Also, a heads up to you all, since the relaunch banning has been weird for me. So I do apologize if you see an increase in the amount of spam on the site. I do check the forum every weekday (and until banning is fixed, I'll check on weekends too), but you know how these crazy spammers are.

Clippings
@AreEmarisS
From a technical stand-point I don't think it was possible for us to edit the copy in the clippings gallery, but I'm not 100% sure.

All users, whether they opt-in to emails or not, should have received at least one message from us. I don't opt-in to emails but I got a message about it. I'm really sorry that our emails didn't get through to you. We didn't want to surprise everyone with this change. We loved the clippings too and tried to keep the feature. I'll pass your comments on to Julie, our editor-in-chief to see if anything can be done.

I dont like how you can't see the person's wedding date under their pic anymore :(
@CheetahAngel
Don't be sad! We didn't intend for this to disappear and I think its just a kink we need to work out. Thank you for letting me know. It will go on the list!

Community profile save/continue button

Okay, to be sure we're all on the same page:
This URL: http://www.brides.com/forums/usersettings!default.jspa
Which is navigated to by clicking "Community" then "My Profile" is the community profile and has the green button in this photo to save your info.

This is a screenshot of the button you should be seeing.

If you don't see the button reply again and let me know when computer and browser you're using.

If I'm in the wrong place please tell me where this profile lives.

Edited by: Moderator on Jun 30, 2010 4:50 PM

Posted: Jun 30, 2010 6:19 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

agd - Yup, you're right. I meant Community Profile. I can't save changes there.

Posted: Jun 30, 2010 9:25 PM Go to message in response to: KCI

Ok Moderator. Towards the top of the screen, under the larger titles "Ideas/dresses&style/Answers" etc etc etc there is "find a topic/ask brides near you/my profile"

Click on my profile, and try to make changes. There is no save or continue button.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

Posted: Jul 1, 2010 12:08 AM Go to message in response to: agd1017

I checked out the save button screen shot - I definitely don't have that save button in my community profile page.

Thanks!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine