bride in blue?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 38

JayKayinlove Posts : 33 Registered: 1/22/09
Re: bride in blue?
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 12:38 AM Go to message in response to: Moxiebaby

moxieboby i hope you don't mean queen elizabeth the first cuz she never married if you mean another more recent one i'm sorry for comment i'm just a social history nut and victorian and elizabethian eras are my mad vibe and ppl keep bringing them up in this post.

Blue was the medieval wedding color and i think a lot of brides would look more flantering in it today rather then white. besides I have two friends who married in black last year both looked lovely and one friend who got married last week in a dark blue green dress that was breath taking I think ppl will remeber a colorful bride being just as pretty if not preetier then if she went all white. have fun with your look.

theseoservice Posts : 2 Registered: 10/8/09
Posted: Oct 27, 2009 7:07 AM Go to message in response to: justinet

not bad. it really depends on how the bride carries the gown

lesasue86 Posts : 75 Registered: 9/8/09
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 6:20 AM Go to message in response to: justinet

Hey, i think pale blue will suit you as you are very fair. Almost all the colors suit people who are very fair. And the chocalate color dresses for bride maid will loool wonderful. Instead of white you can try other light colors.
pearl jewelry store

internettophone... Posts : 2 Registered: 10/27/09
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 11:17 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

You're stunning!

MindyandJamie Posts : 1 Registered: 11/29/09
Posted: Dec 25, 2009 6:24 PM Go to message in response to: justinet

I think it sounds beautiful!! Don't worry about the dress not being white, I think it shows your originality and personality. You wear what you want to wear, don't worry about what other people think.

Bride To Be - Mrs. Jarczynski

SaraGray Posts : 2 Registered: 3/2/10
Posted: Mar 2, 2010 2:24 PM Go to message in response to: justinet

I think it sounds really beautiful, especially with your auburn hair. It will really pop. I photographed a wedding last year and the bride wore blue -- it was so pretty and unexpected. Way to be a different bride! I love it when people do something unexpected.

Sara Gray Photography

http://www.saragrayphotography.com

www.facebook.com/saragrayphotography

moosejawcoupon Posts : 2 Registered: 3/24/10
Posted: Mar 24, 2010 12:22 AM Go to message in response to: FALLbrideINLOVE

Got to agree here. Ivory would be great on you!

KButler1 Posts : 6 Registered: 10/6/09
Posted: Mar 28, 2010 7:58 PM Go to message in response to: moosejawcoupon

I didn't want a white dress, so I chose a dress that's ivory and champagne. I felt as though I'd be too conscious in a bright white dress. And I feel white can be overrated.
The Future Mrs. WilliamsKiss

Crabcake Posts : 1 Registered: 6/25/10
Posted: Jun 25, 2010 7:19 AM Go to message in response to: KButler1

I'm wearing a peach color dress. I've never liked white/ivory so why would I wear it on the most important day of my life. I'm glad fashion designers are adding color dresses to their collections because not everyone wants a white/ivory gown. I think your gown is suppose to compliment you and you're not suppose to conform to something just because it's considered 'tradition'. Start your own tradition by staying true to yourself.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine