9-10-11/Gerber Daisies

Online Users: 1,296 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 4

BCameron Posts : 2 Registered: 6/24/10
9-10-11/Gerber Daisies
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 3:21 PM

We are planning a wedding 9-10-11, and I absolutely LOVE the bright colors of pink, orange, and yellow gerber daisies, but Im not sure if its too late in the year to have the bright colors for a Sept. wedding. I can't decide if Im breaking any rules, and if it's going to look stupid with such bright colors although its technically still summer for almost a couple of weeks after the date. HELP! :) Also if anyone could send me some wedding pictures with these colors and flowers it'd be greatly appreciated.

SarahSarah Posts : 93 Registered: 10/9/09
Re: 9-10-11/Gerber Daisies
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 3:51 PM Go to message in response to: BCameron

I'm getting married 9-10-11 too! I was thinking of something similar - my girls are going to wear turquoise dresses, and I thought for a minute that its not a 'fall' color, but I don't think the month should determine colors - Gerber daisies will look adorable - I would suggest calling florists/grocery stores and checking to see whats in season first, so you get an idea of prices.

I think using bright colors at fall weddings looks great - the colors really pop around fall foilage - the leaves turn in Illinois n September a little bit, so I've got my fingers crossed.

BCameron Posts : 2 Registered: 6/24/10
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 10:43 PM Go to message in response to: SarahSarah

Good, Im glad you think so because I really have my heart set on it now. haha. Here in Alabama it stays so hot for so long the leaves really don't start changing until November sometimes. Heck, we still swim in September! :) Im new to this website some Im still learning to navigate around, but I "clipped" some pictures of the colors of flowers I really love if you wanna check em out and give me some feedback. I feel so lost in the planning phase. haha Im the girl that plans the birthday parties and one person shows up. ( ok maybe a lil exaggeration but it never seems to turn out right.) so any advice I'd be very grateful! lol by the way my name is Brittney, and Im from Alabama. :)
"Oh baby, why don't we just dance." 9-10-11

agd1017 Posts : 464 Registered: 9/14/09
Posted: Jun 25, 2010 1:49 AM Go to message in response to: BCameron

Heck I don't think there is a "wrong" time for anything when it comes to weddings. I don't mean to offend but if I see another spring wedding done in pastels and daisies I just might puke. That being said, I am having an October wedding and yes there will be some fall aspects to it but it won't be the main theme (having pumpkins as decoration, for example). The only reason why I'm doing pumpkins (besides liking them), is because they are free- my mom is growing them on her farm.

Go to google and type in gerbera daisies and look at the image results. You could also type in something like "gerbera daisies and weddings" and you might get even better results. My other suggestion is to call around to different florists, set up meetings with them and tell them what you want. They will tell you if it's possible (it almost always is, sometimes the cost is just higher).

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

myras Posts : 396 Registered: 2/26/10
Posted: Jun 25, 2010 1:56 PM Go to message in response to: BCameron

Seasons do not have to influence your colors. Choosing seasonal colors is one way to go, but not the only way. If you love pink in December or black in July, then go for it. My "rules" for color choice are:
Choose what you love.
Choose what is flattering (to you and your party)
Choose what works in your venue(s)

M own daughter used so-called "fall" colors for her June wedding--it looked great. Hope this helps.
myra@classysassyweddings.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine