October 2010 Brides

Online Users: 1,321 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,708

agd1017 Posts : 464 Registered: 9/14/09
Re: October 2010 Brides
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 11:42 AM Go to message in response to: Bailey2Be

Hmm... what is she into? Hanana Montana? Darn if I can think of what girls that age are into. Eric's niece is 9 going on 21. She's a good kid but needs to be into more stuff her own age. So.. a gift for a 7 year old girl.... Books! That is always my gift of choice, both giving and receiving.

Ok so Eric and I found out last night that we are going to Las Vegas in July. The res of his family already had plans to go, along with some family friends. Nobody really asked us if we wanted to go at that time, they must have known we were saving up for the wedding and couldn't afford it. Which was FINE with us because then we'd have 7 full days of peace and quiet. It was going to be FABULOUS. Unfortunately, that all came to a screeching halt last night. His parents surprised us with tickets and a hotel room confirmation. The airline tickets were CHEAP.

Sigh. I HATE HATE HATE the hot weather, and would almost rather die than go to Las Vegas in July. They keep telling me that they don't spend that much time outdoors but still! You have to go from house or hotel to the car, from car to building. Walking around looking at stuff... etc. They have a vacation house there but we are staying in a hotel.

I'm so bummed.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 12:26 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Bailey I'm just giving my 8 year old flower girl a teddy bear that says flower girl or a little bag that says flower girl and inside I will put a bunch of goodies.

Amanda, why don't you want to go to Vegas? It sounds like fun!

Toast, did you contact your musicians yet and discuss what songs you want played?

CIMG7482-1.jpg picture by CheetahAngel81

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

Posted: Jun 24, 2010 12:35 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I hate heat. I don't want to go to the desert (aka Las Vegas) in the hottest month of the year. Ugh. Plus we live with these people. There are 8 of us in the house. I would have LOVED to have a week where nobody else was here except me and Eric.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

annarebeccal Posts : 70 Registered: 7/21/09
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 2:38 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

to survive the heat, sleep all day and go out all night! my family has a place in the desert and when we have to do work there in the heat we get up early and work till it's too hot then nap till six have dinner and work till it's too dark! haha

anyways, so my FH and i still need to find an officiant! we've put it off becuase my mom wanted us to use a mormon bishop but FH refuses and then we thought about going through the universal life church but have decided we'd rather have someone who is not religious at all so we're looking at county judges. well luckily our clerk's website has a list of judges willing to officiate. I just called all of them most of them i was only able to leave messages for but the last one i talked (who unfortunately was also the cheapes at $75) sounded ancient and confused and told me he doesn't like to schedule things that far out (october 1st) and to call back in september! hopefully i'll hear back from the other judges that i left messages for.... just thought i'd share.

annarebeccal Posts : 70 Registered: 7/21/09
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 3:41 PM Go to message in response to: annarebeccal

i got a call back and now we have our officiant! i'm so relieved/excited! he was so nice on the phone and really got me excited for the wedding! and is only charging $125!

Posted: Jun 25, 2010 12:04 AM Go to message in response to: annarebeccal

When my friend got married last summer, there was one judge who wouldn't even schedule a month out! And they were getting married in his courtroom for pete's sake!!

But that's good that you have your officiant. One more thing to cross off the list.

We are having my FH's best friend officiate our wedding. He did something online and it's all ready to go. I just have to call the state and find out if he needs to do anything else, so that it's legal.

For everybody else, who are you having for your officiant?

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

Misstnt Posts : 26 Registered: 5/21/10
Posted: Jun 25, 2010 2:07 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

We have no one to marry us yet either! We're not getting married in a church so that makes it a little tougher, I think. We're getting married in a gazebo at a baseball park/town hall of our home town. I have NO idea how to coordinate everything. There's no aisle (a long winding walkway up to it), no seats, no music, nothing! And there isn't much room so I just don't know how to do it. We were supposed to have a realy small, intimate wedding which would fit up there but now it's grown to a "normal" size! SIGH!!!

waitingforOct30 Posts : 25 Registered: 12/22/09
Posted: Jun 25, 2010 3:13 PM Go to message in response to: Misstnt

We're getting married at a Catholic church. We had to meet the Pastor a year before the wedding, take like a 10 page test on whether if we're meant for each other. Then we had to go to pre-cana for a whole Saturday. We still have to decide on what readings we want. It kind of sucks, because I would love to have poems or something instead of readings from the bible. There's really not much to choose from the bible. We also have to meet the cantor and decide what he's singing and playing during the ceremony. We got an outside vendor-violinist trio for the processional and recessional.

waitingforOct30 Posts : 25 Registered: 12/22/09
Posted: Jun 25, 2010 3:15 PM Go to message in response to: waitingforOct30

Hey...when do we get the marriage license? Do you go to bourgh hall? I hope I don't have to take a day off of work for that.

Posted: Jun 25, 2010 5:40 PM Go to message in response to: waitingforOct30

Tressa- If you don't care about being married by a pastor or whatever, call the courthouse and find out if there is a county judge who will marry you. They usually charge a fee, but it's not that much.

waiting- You can google it and find out when you need to get your marriage license. Here in Iowa, there is a 3 day wedding period. I can't remember how far in advance you can get it though. I think we'll go in September sometime.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

dodgercpkl Posts : 130 Registered: 9/27/09
Posted: Jun 25, 2010 8:51 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Here in California it's up to 90 days prior and no waiting fee.

We are having my pastor officiate and he's been confirmed since March when we finally were able to set our date! :)

Bailey2Be Posts : 56 Registered: 4/26/09
Posted: Jun 25, 2010 10:33 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

We laugh because we have everything planned for the wedding EXCEPT for the JP. I have had such a hard time finding one. There are plenty in the state, but the ones who advertise online making a living off of doing weddings. As a result they range from $200-$500, which is ridiculous if you ask me. I think I chose the wrong profession! I could make a killing being a JP!!

To get a list of local JPs you just have to go to the town hall, but I hate the idea of just picking some random person from a list of names. I prefer to go with someone who has been recommended to me and really good.

One of my co-workers knows of someone who a JP and she is going to put us in contact with him. She said he wouldn't charge us anything, but of course we would pay him something for his time. Definitely not $500 though!

Posted: Jun 27, 2010 5:43 PM Go to message in response to: Bailey2Be

What a busy weekend! We went out to the wedding site both Friday and today. On Friday, I took my "personal assistant" aka friend Jala, along with Eric. We did some measuring and got some other decisions made, as far as decorations and such. Today we took my mom and stepdad out there, so they could see everything. That was fun, it was kind of a proud moment for me, for some reason. LOL

So I think my main goal this week is to work on deciding on the photographer. I have found a few REALLY good ones, that are up-and-coming, so they don't charge out-of-this-world prices. Actually one of them has such an amazing picture on her website, on the opening page, of identical twin girls, about 4 years old, and each one is hugging an identical St Bernard dog. It's absolutely gorgeous! I'd love to go with her if the price is right. We'll see.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

Toast Posts : 480 Registered: 9/10/08
Posted: Jun 27, 2010 6:35 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Bailey2B- We are planning on mailing out our invites the end of July. (Slightly earlier if possible, but they are being made now... so it just depends when we get them). That gives a full month before people have to rsvp.

As far as the flower girl gift... if she likes dolls, you can always get her a nice doll, or barbie. Also, try Etsy.com. i love this site, and they have lots of adorable handmade gifts. One of my favorites is a knitted stuffed pony. ADORABLE!!!

Cheetah- I have not contacted my musicians yet. Have you? I will have to check my book to see when i need to do that. Im not sure.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Posted: Jun 28, 2010 5:12 PM Go to message in response to: Toast

Ugh, I hate change on forums! I guess I will get used to the new look and how it all works. Oh well.

Today I decided that I'm going to do a groom's cake for Eric, as a surprise, and have it at the rehearsal dinner. Haven't decided how it will look yet.

Well I was going to show you the topper I think I'm going to get him, also as a surprise, for wedding day but I can't figure out how to insert a pic now. Grrr!!!

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine