New here

Online Users: 1,356 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

FifiLaLa Posts : 11 Registered: 6/10/10
New here
Posted: Jun 10, 2010 9:25 PM

Hi ladies! I'm F (don't want to give my real name out over the internet just yet), and my BF is R. We've been together almost four years in August, and seriously started taking about getting engaged. We're both still in school, so a wedding wouldn't happen until we're both graduated and settled with jobs. We will most likely get engaged sometime next year, but that's just me speculating. We've looked at rings, he knows what I like, and I know he's spoken to the jeweler about a ring I absolutely love.

So I'm technically "waiting for the ring," but I'm also just enjoying our great relationship.
"Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think."

JBC123 Posts : 16 Registered: 6/1/10
Re: New here
Posted: Jun 11, 2010 12:14 AM Go to message in response to: FifiLaLa

Welcome! Let me be the first to move down one seat on the bench to make room for you! My BF and I have just started talking too. It's exciting and nervewracking at the same time! Sounds like you both are going about it the smart way - it's good to plan ahead.

JBC

KCI Posts : 150 Registered: 3/30/09
Posted: Jun 11, 2010 8:58 AM Go to message in response to: FifiLaLa

Welcome to the boards Fifi. And welcome to the waiting game. I too am expecting a proposal over the next year. My bf and I have been talking about a proposal within a year or so and the wedding the following year. We're talking Sepember 2012.

Try not to go crazy waiting. It's tough. By the time my bf proposes we'll have most of our ideas worked out.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

FifiLaLa Posts : 11 Registered: 6/10/10
Posted: Jun 11, 2010 9:34 AM Go to message in response to: KCI

Thanks for the welcome!
"Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think."

sweetness07 Posts : 8 Registered: 6/23/10
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 12:11 AM Go to message in response to: FifiLaLa

Hi F! I'm new too and also waiting on me ring! We went shopping three weeks ago, hope your special day is around the corner! =)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine