What Does Your FH/DH's Ring Look Like?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 25

VšnTillBruden Posts : 353 Registered: 1/16/10
Re: What Does Your FH/DH's Ring Look Like?
Posted: Jun 23, 2010 10:21 AM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Rose,

I'm actually quite familar with Mokume Gane! I found out about it through a jeweler's website (Krikawa - they're based in AZ), and I think it's such beautiful & detailed work!

Your rings are absolutely stunning! I love that you both went for the 5 mm, they look wonderful. And that's hysterical about the saleswoman. Evidently if a bride doesn't want something light & feminine, it's a sign of the apocalypse!

Oh, and major kudos for getting your rings on Etsy. I'm such an advocate for buying jewelry from private artists, it's almost disgusting.... *:P What seller did you get them from, by chance? In case anyone else is interested someday.

Love me when I least deserve it, because that is when I need it the most. (Swedish proverb)

kellyheartsjeff Posts : 66 Registered: 2/25/09
Posted: Jun 23, 2010 12:17 PM Go to message in response to: VšnTillBruden

Love all the ring pictures/styles! It seems like men are starting to get more creative and be more open to different ring styles instead of just the plain gold/white gold band.

Not to totally hijack the thread - but what is the average cost of a men's wedding ring? I'm sure the answer is "it varies" - just like with anything wedding related. Just curious to know how much people are planning on spending on their husband's wedding ring. I have some friends that only spent $100 on a Tungston (spelling?) ring and then some friends that spent more like $400 on a white gold ring. I think FH is going to be most comfortable with something simple and it seems like he likes the white gold rings best so far. Just want to make sure we don't pay too much!

MrsPaul Posts : 186 Registered: 1/15/08
Posted: Jun 23, 2010 2:20 PM Go to message in response to: VšnTillBruden

Here is my hubby's ring. It mimics mine with the milgrain and diamonds all around. Mine has a bit more bling, but we like to call his masculine bling! :)

22-V5010W65-G
His ring was around $1,200 I believe. It's been a while now!

wedding ticker for myspace

Edited by: MrsPaul on Jun 23, 2010 2:21 PM

Rose217 Posts : 474 Registered: 8/9/08
Posted: Jun 23, 2010 9:08 PM Go to message in response to: VšnTillBruden

Thank you Misty and Van! We really like them too. My husband claims his very first ring feels weird on his hand, but he never takes it off, hehe.

We went with sabineadesign from Etsy and she was wonderful to work with! I'd definitely recommend her!

VšnTillBruden Posts : 353 Registered: 1/16/10
Posted: Jun 26, 2010 9:40 AM Go to message in response to: Rose217

Speaking of awesome Etsy finds, check out what I found this weekend -

Two color of gold puzzle ring - Handmade to your size

It's called the "Celtic Puzzle Ring", and I thought it was so cool! I love puzzle rings to begin with, but this knotted pattern is so pretty! It's technically a unisex band, but I think it wouldn't suit my dainty little hands. *:P It comes in a few different colors, and a few different designs, some with even diamonds in them.

(Seller is Nellyvansee)

Love me when I least deserve it, because that is when I need it the most. (Swedish proverb)

Edited by: VšnTillBruden on Jun 27, 2010 8:49 AM

anne11235813 Posts : 58 Registered: 11/15/08
Posted: Jun 27, 2010 8:39 AM Go to message in response to: kellyheartsjeff

Kellyheartsjeff, to answer your question: If you choose gold as the material for a wedding band prices will depend on the current gold market price.

My husband and I chose plain white gold rings for both of us. They look exactly the same, except the size of course.

At the time of purchase, gold prices were pretty high. We ended up paying $1050 for both. Since his ring was heavier due to the size, it was a little more expensive than mine.

I wanted our rings to look the same because a wedding band is a symbol of unity. And in my opinion, this unity is best expressed if the rings are alike. I have a beautiful engagement ring with diamonds and by wearing it together with my wedding band I have my bling ;o)

PatricksLove Posts : 26 Registered: 3/6/08
Posted: Dec 25, 2010 2:52 AM Go to message in response to: VšnTillBruden

I love seeing everyone's rings! Each one is so unique and it just shows a little of y'alls personalities and relationships.

I just chose our wedding bands last month! I got so excited and had butterflies and immediately put a down payment on them...then I let FH in on what he would be wearing for the rest of his life haha. Thankfully, he loves it :)

Please disregard my hands in these pictures as I was in desperate need of a manicure that day!

My set:

And his band mirrors mine (yellow gold in the middle with white gold on both sides) but with no diamonds...he's not really a "bling" kinda guy:

Patrick and Meagan <3 March 4, 2012

PatricksLove Posts : 26 Registered: 3/6/08
Posted: Dec 25, 2010 3:00 AM Go to message in response to: PatricksLove

Oh and his band costs just under $500 including tax.

Patrick and Meagan <3 March 4, 2012

sarahkayfa Posts : 7 Registered: 4/10/11
Posted: Apr 11, 2011 8:15 PM Go to message in response to: VšnTillBruden

The ring we've chosen is a very simple 6mm brushed titanium band with no embellishments. Mine is the same, but thinner. We have each other's names engraved inside the band. We're minimalists, so being free of extra 'stuff' was important to us. The material is very strong, very durable. which was an important consideration.

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 13, 2012 5:34 PM Go to message in response to: VšnTillBruden

Jennifer Bridal Dress Show, Starting from 229.99USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/jennifer-bridal-dress-p-45681.html

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 24, 2012 11:05 PM Go to message in response to: VšnTillBruden

A-Line Straight Neckline Strapless Wedding Gown with Delicate Lace Applique Tulle Dress
Save up to 21% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $158.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-wedding-gown-with-delicate-lace-applique-tulle-dress-p-33891.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine