Maggie sottero edith, Blossom and Poopy

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

lore1607 Posts : 3 Registered: 4/16/09
Maggie sottero edith, Blossom and Poopy
Posted: Apr 16, 2009 12:04 PM

Hi,

Where I live there is not store that carries maggie sottero gowns, but I saw them online and fell in love with these 3 styles (Edith, Blossom and Poppy), so I think I will take a risk and order one online. However I was wondering if someone could send me some photos of them, I want to see how these 3 models fit in a real life person.

Please if you tried them on or you have wedding pictures of them, let me know!

Thanks,

SteffMay2009 Posts : 383 Registered: 10/22/08
Re: Maggie sottero edith, Blossom and Poopy
Posted: Apr 16, 2009 12:14 PM Go to message in response to: lore1607

Ha ha. You said poopy..

But seriously, be careful ordering dresses online. I brought picture into the dress shop that I thought was 100% the dress for me. When I tried it on it looked horrible on me, and I found something much better and very different then what I originally thought.

Just make sure they have a return policy or something in case.

briony Posts : 75 Registered: 2/9/09
Posted: Apr 16, 2009 5:48 PM Go to message in response to: lore1607

You may have already checked this out, but the Maggie Sottero site has a "Maggie Brides" section that is searchable by style name.

lore1607 Posts : 3 Registered: 4/16/09
Posted: Apr 17, 2009 11:32 AM Go to message in response to: briony

Yes, I did see the pictures of some of the brides at the maggie website, but the styles I like don't show much pictures. Edith style shows only one photo but the bride has a very different type of body than me, Blossom shows one too but the bride wearing it shows in the photo a different dress (don't know what happened there) and Poppy style shows no photo.
This is my email adress: lorena.ch@gmail.com, if someone tried on these dresses or have wedding pics I would love to see them!!!

CSUFgrad08 Posts : 114 Registered: 6/19/08
Posted: Apr 17, 2009 12:26 PM Go to message in response to: lore1607

I loooove Maggie Sottero's dresses! I personally loooove the poppy dress. Second on my list would be Edith and third would be blossom.
a wedding website

~Future Mrs. D~ 

Pnutkitten Posts : 1 Registered: 5/20/10
Posted: May 20, 2010 1:13 AM Go to message in response to: lore1607

I'm actually going to be getting married in Edith next year. Unfortunately I dont have any pictures of me in the dress. Just to note, if you purchase one of these dresses online there is no guarantee that it will be authentic. In most cases, it is just a replica. I know that Edith is no longer available to order from Maggie Sottero, so unless you can find one used, you will have to choose anothe dress. I would travel however far you need to go to try on a Maggie dress if thats the designer you are looking at. There are soooo many dresses, and I think trying them on is the only way to know if it's the one.

vnbride Posts : 1 Registered: 6/22/10
Posted: Jun 22, 2010 2:09 PM Go to message in response to: lore1607

Hi,

I just odered the Poppy gown in diamond white (more ivory than white), but I did go in and try it on-it is absolutely beautiful! Not too much poof, not too much of a train, not too much bling. I am going victorian-beach and this is perfect for my venue. Being a second time bride I didn't think this dress would work, but I am sooooo happy I tried it on. This dress has just enough sparkle without overdoing the bling and just enough poof to be romantic it's more Scarlett O'Hara than Cinderella . Also, the lady at the bridal shop took a photo of me in it at my request and the detail is amazing with all of the white on ivory lace and the sophisticated bodice with layers of chiffon criss-crossing through it.

I recommend ALWAYS have someone take your picture in the dress you want to buy. I made a very expensive mistake because before I purchased the Poppy I had already bought a dress that I thought I loved, until I saw a photo of myself in it. It really ddin't show up any detail of the dress in the photo and I was surprised because the photo in the magazine did (but they do enhance things with photoshop) , and also in the bridal shop mirror it looked really good-but in the photo-and she used my expensive camera to take the pictures that came out very clear-the first dress looked like a sheet! Very, very plain-just not me at all. So please - have someone take a photo of you in it no matter how much you like it!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine