Another Gift?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

Beccajm89 Posts : 2 Registered: 3/25/10
Another Gift?
Posted: Jun 22, 2010 1:15 PM

I am a bridesmaid for my friends wedding. I gave her a gift at her bridal shower, but do I need/should bring another gift on the day of the wedding or before?

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Re: Another Gift?
Posted: Jun 22, 2010 1:25 PM Go to message in response to: Beccajm89

Personally, I've always given a gift at the wedding too. At the very least, I would give her a card.

Cheers!

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Jun 22, 2010 1:36 PM Go to message in response to: Beccajm89

I think the polite thing to do is to give another gift at the wedding. The gift you gave her at the shower was for her bridal shower not for her wedding gift. That's just my opinion. However, if money is tight for you then a card would be better than nothing at all. It doesn't have to be a pricey gift though. It can be something simple as a gift card to their favorite restaurant.

CIMG7482-1.jpg picture by CheetahAngel81

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Jun 22, 2010 4:20 PM Go to message in response to: Beccajm89

Dear Becca,

If you can afford to get her a nice gift (nice = within your budget), then do so. If money is very tight and if you've already paid a fortune for your dress, shoes, hair, etc., plus the shower gift, then don't worry about it.

"Proper Etiquette" tells us that a person has a year to give a gift to newlyweds. You can still give her a gift within that first year.

The ultimate great gift from someone on a strict budget would be a plate of homemade brownies. Wait until they get back from the honeymoon, are settled back into their normal lives, then surprise them with brownies on a nice serving dish. No one turns down yummy homemade brownies!!!

August28th Posts : 153 Registered: 1/28/09
Posted: Jun 22, 2010 8:10 PM Go to message in response to: Beccajm89

My MOH got me a very nice gift for my shower and a card for our wedding. One BM gave me only cards for both events, and the other BM didn't get me a shower gift (she couldn't attend), but a very nice (like AOTB said very nice = in her budget) gift for our shower. It didn't matter to me what or how many gifts we received from our WP we were just glad that they gave us their presence and time to share our day with us! I'm sure your friend will feel the same way! Good luck :)

True love is like a ghost which many talk about but few have ever seen.

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 20, 2012 3:36 PM Go to message in response to: Beccajm89

A-Line Straight Neckline Strapless Wedding Gown with Delicate Lace Applique Tulle Dress
Save up to 21% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $158.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-wedding-gown-with-delicate-lace-applique-tulle-dress-p-33891.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine