Planning a January 1, 2011 Wedding, Good idea or Not?!

Online Users: 1,334 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 18

stephwoodward Posts : 1 Registered: 6/21/10
Re: Planning a January 1, 2011 Wedding, Good idea or Not?!
Posted: Jun 21, 2010 2:17 PM Go to message in response to: RavenHairBeauty

We are getting married on 1/1/11 on Hilton Head Island, SC. We noted that hotel costs went up, but we haven't seen any other increases at all. I'm from Texas, so the majority of declinations are because folks don't want to travel all the way to SC.

Montaya Posts : 4 Registered: 6/14/10
Posted: Jul 19, 2010 4:10 PM Go to message in response to: BellaMcMatz

I think that its a good idea my wedding in on that date as well. The venue that we are renting gave us the chapel and reception site for a very good price. I guess the most inportant things is to do what you feel is best it's your wedding and have a great time.

JenifferAndrews Posts : 1 Registered: 10/17/10
For everyone planning a wedding on 1/1/11
Posted: Oct 18, 2010 12:00 AM Go to message in response to: BellaMcMatz

1/1/11 will be my 6th year anniversary we were married on 1/1/05. There is absolutely nothing wrong with getting married on new years day. As some people have pointed out there is always a huge party leading up to your anniversary and it is easy (for him) to remember. Our ceremony was wonderful, we actually had more people than expected show up. We did it candle it at 5 in the afternoon (sunset) and wow was it gorgeous. Also for our reception we decided to do an old fashioned traditional southern new years meal including the greens, black-eyed peas, and of course sweet tea. It was a hit and even six years later our friends and family talk about it. So my advice on this is if it is the day you want to say I DO then do it. And hey if people can't make it because they partied too much the night before you and your man are really the only two that matter. It's your day live the fairy tale you want. :)

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 15, 2012 9:26 PM Go to message in response to: BellaMcMatz

Maggie Sottero Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-maggie-sottero-c-420_467.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine