Tuxedo woes....

Online Users: 1,261 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

SpideyBridey Posts : 66 Registered: 5/17/09
Tuxedo woes....
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 2:42 PM

Hi everyone - having a bit of trouble picking out tuxedos for my groomsman & dads (which I thought would be an easy task!!). My bridesmaid dresses are Iris and I can't find a vest color to match this exactly (brought the dress swatch to the store w/me). I picked out a light purple vest which I thought was very close to the color of the dresses, but when I got home and actually looked at the dress online, I started to have doubts.

I'm now considering black tuxes, with black shirts, and silver vests/ties for the groomsman. Black tuxes, black shirts and black vests/ties for the fathers. Completely getting rid of the purple so I don't have to worry about finding the exact shade!

Has anyone actually seen this in a wedding?? It sounds nice, but wondering if anyone has an opinion on it. Please send your comments - I am really torn on this one.

Thanks!!!!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

KCI Posts : 150 Registered: 3/30/09
Re: Tuxedo woes....
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 2:53 PM Go to message in response to: SpideyBridey

You can pretty much do what you want style wise now-a-days. But your FH is the one that gets to pick the groom's and groomsmens' tuxes. Of course if you two have already talked about it and he either doesn't care or has agreed to wear what you pick, go ahead and pick what you want. But make sure he has a say in it. I don't think most girls want their guys picking your gown or BM dresses, so let him have his choice. :-)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

FairyTaleBride Posts : 52 Registered: 9/20/07
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 5:57 PM Go to message in response to: SpideyBridey

I love your idea! My color actually IS silver and I had considered doing what you were doing. My little brother wore black on black on black for our brother's wedding 2 weeks ago and it is VERY sleek (slimming too!) The silver really looks nice against the black too. I think this is a very good way to not have to match purples.

PAuLMA Posts : 9 Registered: 6/9/10
Posted: Jun 16, 2010 10:42 AM Go to message in response to: SpideyBridey

We went with all black and I think it helps the photos in the long run. It's just classic and timeless. Multi-colored tuxes can sometimes run a risk of having a prom element to them. We put the color into their boutonnieres.

We did it!  Pics of our Wedding Day and Honeymoon in Paris.

myras Posts : 396 Registered: 2/26/10
Posted: Jun 17, 2010 2:59 PM Go to message in response to: SpideyBridey

Your b alck and silver sounds classy. I've always thought that matching the maids with colored vests looks a little 1980's prom.
myra@classysassyweddings.com

Elbelle77 Posts : 222 Registered: 1/24/08
Posted: Jun 17, 2010 8:25 PM Go to message in response to: SpideyBridey

We did Black suits and white shirts for all the men. DH had a white/ivory vest, Groomsmen had silver vests, and Fathers had black vests. All the vests were the same pattern. Looked very nice without being too matchy with the bridesmaids (who were in cornflower blue.)

SpideyBridey Posts : 66 Registered: 5/17/09
Posted: Jun 21, 2010 4:23 PM Go to message in response to: Elbelle77

Thanks everyone for your responses, I really appreciate it. I decided to go with black tux, white shirt & silver vest for my groomsman. My FH was totally against black shirts, so I had to give him that!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine