When to get fitted?

Online Users: 1,294 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

FutureMrsKeo Posts : 5 Registered: 6/2/10
When to get fitted?
Posted: Jun 21, 2010 1:27 PM

I just got engaged last month. My FH and I have picked a date for July of 2011. My sister who also happens to be my maid of honor, thinks I should have the bridesmaids purchase their dresses now. We are more than a year away from the wedding and I think it's a little too soon....I was thinking they should purchase the dresses and get fitted around January of next year....is that too close to the wedding? The other situation too is that one of my bridesmaids is currently pregnant and is due in September. She plans on losing the baby weight before the wedding. So it wouldn't make sense to have her get fitted and buy a dress now....but I want her to order her dress when the other bridesmaids order theirs so that they all come from the same dye lot. Should I have everyone get fitted and order their dresses in January? And if I do that, the one that is pregnant, should I have her guess what size she thinks she will be come next July and get altered along the way if she needs to? I would feel bad making her pay for extra alterations if she loses a lot of weight after having the baby but I can't afford to pay the costs for that. What do you all think?

chris42005 Posts : 89 Registered: 4/6/10
Re: When to get fitted?
Posted: Jun 21, 2010 6:41 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsKeo

I would wait until after the baby to order the dresses. Check with the place you are getting the dresses from. They can give you a better idea how much time they will need.

usfbeachbum Posts : 27 Registered: 6/6/10
Re: When to get fitted?
Posted: Jun 22, 2010 7:47 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsKeo

I would wait until Dec-Jan. I think that gives the girls enough time to get to where they'd like to be and still gives enough time for the fittings etc. I was asked to be a bridesmaid last minute and within two weeks I had the dress picked, ordered, and altered.

For the wedding dress, however, I would recommend going soon. I was told my dress would need about 7 months for it to arrive.

Good luck!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine