Groommen Colors Help.

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Groommen Colors Help.
Posted: Jun 20, 2010 12:07 PM

I need help trying to figure out what colors my groomsmen and groom shoud wear. My maid of honor is wearing a red dress, my 2 Jr.Bridesmaids are wearing brown dresses, and my 2 bridesmaids are wearing orange (it's a fall wedding for those that do not know). But what colors should the men wear?! Should I match their vest/tie color up with their wedding party partner? But then there will be a guy wearing red (the best man) and 2 guys wearing orange (the groomsmen). Will that look tacky? Or should all the men just wear one color? Should the groom wear a brown vest/tie? AHH I don't know! lol. What do you all think?

CIMG7482-1.jpg picture by CheetahAngel81

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

Edited by: CheetahAngel on Jun 20, 2010 12:07 PM

mrscreamer2be Posts : 153 Registered: 6/14/09
Re: Groommen Colors Help.
Posted: Jun 20, 2010 3:30 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

This is what I did. My MOH was wearing a navy dress, the 2 BM wore teal, and the JBM wore navy. I had all the guys wear navy and my groom wore ivory. It looked pulled together.

myras Posts : 396 Registered: 2/26/10
Posted: Jun 20, 2010 3:30 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Don't do the matchy-matchy thing. Grooms in neutrals look best. Black tuxes (if they're wearing tuxes) look perfectly fine with brown or bronze accessories (I can send you pictures if you like). Brown tuxes or suits would work perfectly. Though it's a matter of personal taste, I prefer neutral accessories; but, if you like, you can do their accessories in burnt orange, bronze, or a similar color. If you like, the groom's can be somewhat different. But, again, the multi-color, matchy thing looks too 80's prom.
myra@classysassyweddings.com

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: Jun 20, 2010 5:56 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Cheetah, that's what I did also, GM were in black vests, DH in ivory. I like doing something other than matching vests to dresses also. It DOES remind me of my 80s proms. Just like Myra said... I think any of the suggestions would look nice based on your colors.

Proud Member of P.O.O.P.,  People Offended by Offended People

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Jun 20, 2010 8:19 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

Thanks! Myra or anyone else can you send me pictures? I like to get an image of ideas. Thanks again ladies! :)

CIMG7482-1.jpg picture by CheetahAngel81

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Jun 20, 2010 11:44 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Dear CA,

I'm with Myra. I don't like matchy-matchy, either.

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 12, 2012 12:54 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Big discount. any detail please visite to, http://www.juliebridalshop.com/

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 5:52 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

A-Line Sweetheart Neckline One-Shoulder Strap with Ruffles and Split on teh Skirt Floor Length Zipper Chiffon prom dress
Save up to 24% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $129.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-sweetheart-neckline-oneshoulder-strap-with-ruffles-and-split-on-teh-skirt-floor-length-zipper-chiffon-prom-dress-p-31970.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine