Invite & Centerpiece HELP!

Online Users: 1,301 guest(s), 3 user(s). Replies: 5

LexiGorena Posts : 3 Registered: 4/30/10
Invite & Centerpiece HELP!
Posted: Jun 18, 2010 1:10 AM

We decided to do our centerpieces with a tall vase and birch tree branches with some lillies...However, I can't find birch tree branches ANYWHERE!!!

Does anyone know where to find Brich tree branches and vases that are inexpensive?!?!?!? :) THANKS!!!

Oh and another thing!! Lol

Our parents aren't supportive of our marriage (same sex marriage) and they will not be attending nor helping out financially. Anyhow, we're paying for everything cash so it's been difficult. We bought a certain amount of invites. What we could afford of course. They're still gorgeous, might I add. Lol Anyhow, I know it's tacky, but considering our financial situation, I was thinking of having one invitation for all my coworkers. I work at a bank and the branch is fairly small, about 30 employees, so the word gets easily spread. Would that be too tacky to just have one invite for the whole branch, or am I obligated to give every single person an invite? Our wedding is 4 hours away, so I know for a fact that only a couple will actually be able to go down anyway. Please help!! I don't know what to do. :(

Together we walk

Hand in Hand

Through this life

And through all eternity

J&L Forever and For Always

Edited by: LexiGorena on Jun 18, 2010 1:12 AM

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: Invite & Centerpiece HELP!
Posted: Jun 18, 2010 8:35 AM Go to message in response to: LexiGorena

Dear Lexi,

" I was thinking of having one invitation for all my coworkers"

No, because you totally lose control of your guest list. What if the assistant teller's first cousin's landlord shows up? ("You don't know me, but I just LOVE weddings!!!")

Better to have a few informal chats with the co-workers you want to invite and see who will be able to make it. Then, send those exact people invitations with their names on them.

Also, remember you are obliged to invite any spouses or fiancé(e)s. Married and engaged people have to be invited together. I don't have to tell you that any committed same-sex couples who do not have the legal option of marriage similarly need to be invited together. That rule is called No Ring No Bring.

If you still have space, extend invitations to living-together or seriously dating couples. Still room? Call single friends and say "Are you seeing anyone?", get that person's name and address, and send them an invitation.

If you are tight on a budget, so tight that saving money on a few invitations makes a difference, you might want to re-think the notion of inviting the whole office, plus spouses.

Orbital199 Posts : 92 Registered: 10/12/09
Posted: Jun 18, 2010 9:55 AM Go to message in response to: LexiGorena

Lexi,

Check out the links below to find branches. I'm also on the hunt for birch tree branches that I'm going to adorn with cherry blossoms. You may also want to try local florists to see if they have anything similar.

http://www.1888flowermall.com/_e/Artificial_Branches_Twigs_Nest/product/QSW016-NA/_3_Branches_Artificial_27_Wood_Branch_Natural.htm

http://www.save-on-crafts.com/manzanita2.html

Good luck!

• Melanie

kellyheartsjeff Posts : 66 Registered: 2/25/09
Posted: Jun 18, 2010 10:38 AM Go to message in response to: Orbital199

Lexi - I am on the hunt for vases as well for our centerpieces. I don't know what stores are in your area, but I have had really good luck with HomeGoods, TJMaxx and Michael's. Any discount stores have been great in general. The only problem I have run into - you get what you pay for, the vases aren't very thick and we broke two already - oops!

KaylaMarriedBrett Posts : 146 Registered: 3/12/08
Posted: Jun 18, 2010 11:00 AM Go to message in response to: LexiGorena

First off, it's unfortunate that your parents are missing your wedding. I'm sorry for that.

Second, for the tree branches, if you're having problems finding some, what if you went to a nursery and asked if they had any birch branches they throw out or could sell you for a resonable amount. I know Michaels has some. You can always register on their website to receive coupons.

Good luck and congrats!!

When is my wedding

Next time a sunrise steals your breath or a meadow of flowers leaves you speechless, remain that way. Say nothing and listen as heaven whispers, "Do you like it? I did it just for you."

http://brettandkayla.ourweddingday.com

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 20, 2012 3:37 PM Go to message in response to: LexiGorena

Black Strapless Sweetheart Layered Drape Hi-low Prom Dress With Beads
Save up to 31% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $178.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/black-strapless-sweetheart-layered-drape-hilow-prom-dress-with-beads-p-32379.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine