Words for the Unity Sand Ceremony?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1

TheUpbeatBride Posts : 3 Registered: 6/11/10
Words for the Unity Sand Ceremony?
Posted: Jun 17, 2010 12:02 PM

We're having a sand ceremony and I'm writing our entire ceremony scirpt from scratch. I'm having trouble researching ideas for what the Officiant should say to introduce/explain the sand ceremony! Are any other brides doing the sand unity ceremony, and how are you explaining it's symbolism to the guests?

-UpbeatBride.blogspot.com

"I would have missed you even if I'd never met you."

KaylaMarriedBrett Posts : 146 Registered: 3/12/08
Re: Words for the Unity Sand Ceremony?
Posted: Jun 18, 2010 10:47 AM Go to message in response to: TheUpbeatBride

We did unity sand. We didn't have the minister annouce anything about it. We had it put in the program. We listed it as "The blending of two lives" I felt the sand was a better idea of bringing two families together because mixed sand stays mixed forever and can't be seperated. Therefore a candle can be blown out, so how is that forever? That's just my personal opinion. We had each of our moms carry a smaller vase of the sand to the alter and place it next to the big vase that me and my husband poured it into.

Good luck and congrats!

When is my wedding

Next time a sunrise steals your breath or a meadow of flowers leaves you speechless, remain that way. Say nothing and listen as heaven whispers, "Do you like it? I did it just for you."

http://brettandkayla.ourweddingday.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine