Location help for May 2011 Destination Wedding

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

MurrayWife2B Posts : 2 Registered: 6/14/10
Location help for May 2011 Destination Wedding
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 2:35 PM

We are seriously considering a destination wedding for May 2011. The problem is this.. we have a son who will be 18 months old at that time. It is very very important to me that he be there with us and as a result we cannot do places like sandals as they are adult only venues. We also cannot be doing it somewhere that the flight alone would take 8 hours each way. We're kind of at a loss for ideas.... we have visited St. Thomas in the past and fell in love so were considering that but are wanting all inclusive. Any ideas ladies?? I don't even know where to begin! FH doesn't want Jamaica or Mexico. Thanks in advance!!

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Re: Location help for May 2011 Destination Wedding
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 3:56 PM Go to message in response to: MurrayWife2B

When my DH planned our honeymoon, he had a budget, and knew that he wanted an all inclusive. He went to a travel agent and she gave him his options; he picked from those. We did go to Jamaica, to sandals and it was wonderful. Since FH doesn't want Jamaica, then I won't suggest Beaches. But, I think the best thing DH did was go see a travel agent. They could take your requirements and then provide options based on those.

Proud Member of P.O.O.P.,  People Offended by Offended People

FairyTaleBride Posts : 52 Registered: 9/20/07
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 6:00 PM Go to message in response to: MurrayWife2B

Try looking at Beaches at Turks and Caicos. That island is very similar to St Thomas!!!

Also, my brother is honeymooning at an all inclusive in the Dominican Republic right now. I am not sure if there are age limits but I do know there are 3 seperate resorts and it is beautiful.

Here is a website to help you further:

http://www.all-inclusive-travel.com/wedding-resorts.htm

It lists resorts by island and also states if they are family friendly. Have fun!

chris42005 Posts : 89 Registered: 4/6/10
Posted: Jun 15, 2010 6:58 PM Go to message in response to: MurrayWife2B

Look at FL and CA also for your wedding. We are doing a vow renewal at Disney but there has got to be other places out there. You will get a "beach" type wedding and flight time will be less than 8 hours.

beachybride2011 Posts : 4 Registered: 6/2/10
Posted: Jun 16, 2010 9:30 PM Go to message in response to: chris42005

Turks looks amazing! We are doing Mexico, but my Travel Agent got married at Beaches in Turks...her wedding is actually playing on beaches.com! How cool is that. I am using VIP Vacations and Jennifer
www.travelbyvip.com
They are amazing for destination weddings and Madyso (another brides.com) bride recommended them. They did a bunch of extra stuff already and because my Travel Agent already went thru this process, I feel so close to her and trust her completely!

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 14, 2012 8:21 PM Go to message in response to: MurrayWife2B

Jennifer Bridal Dress Show, Starting from 229.99USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/jennifer-bridal-dress-p-45681.html

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 9:56 PM Go to message in response to: MurrayWife2B

A-line Orange Sweetheart Open Back Mini Prom Dress With Sequins
Save up to 38% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $99.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-orange-sweetheart-open-back-mini-prom-dress-with-sequins-p-32107.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine