What Does Your FH/DH's Ring Look Like?

Online Users: 1,331 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 25

VšnTillBruden Posts : 353 Registered: 1/16/10
What Does Your FH/DH's Ring Look Like?
Posted: Jun 15, 2010 8:49 AM

Hey ladies!

I was having a conversation today with a girlfriend of mine, and we got onto the subject of wedding rings for men. And I got to thinking...

How many of your husbands have the standard, gold band? Did anyone get something a little more "unique"? How many of your husbands don't wear rings at all? Any tattooed husbands with rings tattooed to their fingers?

Sorry if this is a pretty open ended question, but I'm quite curious.

Love me when I least deserve it, because that is when I need it the most. (Swedish proverb)

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Re: What Does Your FH/DH's Ring Look Like?
Posted: Jun 15, 2010 9:14 AM Go to message in response to: VšnTillBruden

DH's ring is a Celtic knot pattern. His brother (who is a jeweler) made it and took some artistic liberties with the design, so it's not exactly what we had in mind when we asked him to make it, but it's still nice. We were pretty sure, going into it, that we wanted Celtic knot patterns on our rings, so we didn't even consider plain bands. I ended up with something different, as you apparently need to choose a very thick band if you want a Celtic design and I didn't like them on my hands.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

usfbeachbum Posts : 27 Registered: 6/6/10
Posted: Jun 15, 2010 9:54 AM Go to message in response to: VšnTillBruden

I didnt want him to wear the same old gold band. And he prefers 18K gold, so we were looking everywhere in Florida for the hammered finish in 18k, but it was way more than we could afford. So, we looked at rings in Cyprus and ended up with unique rings. In Cypus its customary for each to have the other persons name engraved on the nside of the band. We opted not to do it until the religious ceremony.

After our religious ceremony we will have different rings. My mom is passing me her "gaurds" and i will still have the wedding band.

KCI Posts : 150 Registered: 3/30/09
Posted: Jun 15, 2010 10:02 AM Go to message in response to: VšnTillBruden

I'm not married, or even engaged, but my boyfriend and I just had this discussion the other day so I'll chime in.

He does not under any circumstances want a gold band. He doesn't like them - white or yellow. He also doesn't want any diamons, stones, or anything "fancy". But he does want a ring so we are looking into titanium and tungsten. He likes the look of those metals better and since he is in construction, he needs something durable. Our rings won't match, but it seems like a lot of couples' rings nowadays don't.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: Jun 15, 2010 1:40 PM Go to message in response to: VšnTillBruden

Ours don't match, but we love them. DH's is yellow gold, not a wide band really, but it does have an area where there are small diamonds and sapphires. It is definitely not a 'loud' looking ring though. It was my dad's ring, and my stepmom gave it to me after the funeral.

My ring is white gold, and is a band with an e ring that goes with it, neither would look right without the other. It's a very pretty diamond, I don't remember the size though. It is a unique setting, and is fairly old. This ring was given to DH by his parents, and was his grandmom's ring. DH's grandpa gave it to her for their 20th.

The only thing we might sometime do, is figure out a way to add a sapphire to mine. I have no idea really what we'd have gotten if we weren't using these rings, and we both love them.

Proud Member of P.O.O.P.,  People Offended by Offended People

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Jun 15, 2010 2:54 PM Go to message in response to: VšnTillBruden

My DH's wedding band in plain gold with a little design on the outside of the band. He has small fingers so he didn't want anything flashy......and he may be the only person that I know who doesn't wear his band (except for special occasions)..

His band definatly doesn't match mine. Mine is white gold with channel diamonds that match my e-ring.

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Jun 15, 2010 8:07 PM Go to message in response to: VšnTillBruden

these are our rings:

I love how they look matched...the blue sapphire of his ring matches my engagement ring. They are both white gold. Mine has diamonds and his has white sapphires.

It's not what we wanted. We had designed our wedding band...but after 7 months of hell trying to get the things, we went to Kays to find somehting to use until we were able to get what we really want (and we DO intend to get our designed bands some day...probably for a 10th anniversary). The lady at Kays heard our horror story and was not about to let us get something uber boring as a stand in. She asked us how we felt about stones. Then she showed him that ring and me a plain white gold band...put them together and they were amazing. I know a lot of people really diss on Kay Jewelers...but the people who work at our Kays are amazing. They helped us design my engagment ring and how to do it for the least amount of money...and they helped us design our wedding bands. They are unique. ANd yeah...I'm not fond of my wedding BAND by itself, it is beautiful together. None of the stoned rings looked good with my ring...they kept detracting from it. This does not. And I get a LOT of compliments from random strangers on my wedding set.

Misty

usfbeachbum Posts : 27 Registered: 6/6/10
Posted: Jun 15, 2010 11:39 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Misty,

Those are absolutely beautiful!! Very unique!

Edited by: usfbeachbum on Jun 15, 2010 11:43 PM

Posted: Jun 17, 2010 5:21 AM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Cat, I love your rings! I remember seeing them in an earlier thread and thinking how gorgeous they are (though my opinion is slightly biased due to my extreme love of sapphires).

Hey Art and Cyndi, any chance we could get a pic of DH's ring?

Love me when I least deserve it, because that is when I need it the most. (Swedish proverb)

Posted: Jun 17, 2010 8:08 AM Go to message in response to: VšnTillBruden

thanks you two :)

I'd love to see pictures of the rings that were described too!

Misty

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Jun 20, 2010 12:10 PM Go to message in response to: VšnTillBruden

I finally bought his ring yesterday! It's a white gold 14k band and all around it it has a celtic knot engraved in it. He is Irish so it fits him well :) He loves it and I can't wait for him to wear it!

CIMG7482-1.jpg picture by CheetahAngel81

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

Posted: Jun 20, 2010 6:12 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Aww, that's awesome, Cheetah! Any pics?

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Jun 20, 2010 8:12 PM Go to message in response to: VšnTillBruden

It looks similar to this ring here:

http://www.amazon.com/Gold-Custom-Comfort-Wedding-Pattern/dp/B002JXJ0GQ

I could take a pic of it but I'm too lazy :-p The precious ring is hiding until wedding day ;)

CIMG7482-1.jpg picture by CheetahAngel81

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

Rose217 Posts : 474 Registered: 8/9/08
Posted: Jun 22, 2010 10:47 PM Go to message in response to: VšnTillBruden

We discovered mokume gane, which is roughly translated to "metal wood grain" because of the way the finished piece looks.

Professional jewelers make beautiful mokume rings (Google them!) but they were out of our price range, so we turned to Etsy and found a metalsmith who custom made these for us:

Mokume Gane wedding bands. Set of two. Made to order in your size.

My husband's is the slightly larger one. ;-)

Mildly interesting note- During a trip to the mall to try on different widths and see what we liked, a saleswoman laughed at us when we asked to try on 5 mm rings. Apparently, women HAVE to have 4 mm and men MUST have 6 mm, they aren't made any other way. eye roll We both ended up ordering 5 mm from our awesome Etsy metalsmith!

Posted: Jun 23, 2010 7:58 AM Go to message in response to: Rose217

rose...those are beautiful!

Misty

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine