Favors and center pieces

Online Users: 1,297 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

Stephaniee143 Posts : 1 Registered: 6/14/10
Favors and center pieces
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 7:15 PM

I am planning a August 2011 out door wedding. I want my colors to be hot pink/fuschia and orange! and I want the flowers to be Gerbera Daisies. I am not sure what to do for favors and I have a small idea for center pieces but didn't know if any one had some good ideas. We dont want to spend too much money as money is tight right now because we have a 8 month old baby girl. Thanks for your help. and if you could include pictures too :-) Thank you!

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Re: Favors and center pieces
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 7:22 PM Go to message in response to: Stephaniee143

There are a lot of creative women on here that I'm sure could help with centerpiece ideas, Myra comes to mind also, and I know Misty did a ton of DIY, as did many other women. However, if you're budgeting then favors are far from necessary. People often don't even take them, or keep them, so it's an excellent area to cut completely. Also, I love your colors, and gerberas are one of my favorites.

Proud Member of P.O.O.P.,  People Offended by Offended People

FairyTaleBride Posts : 52 Registered: 9/20/07
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 9:00 PM Go to message in response to: Stephaniee143

I went to my co-worker's wedding recently and she was also on a budget. Her colors were the same pink as you with a bright green. She did pink, green, and white m&ms and it looked beautiful. I think pink and orange m&ms would look very bright and who does not like an m&m? You can find them online in bulk or go to an m&m store, which we have near us. She wrapped hers in a small clear plastic bag with a cardstock tag glued to the top but favor boxes or tulle rounds from crafts stores work well too.

FairyTaleBride Posts : 52 Registered: 9/20/07
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 9:05 PM Go to message in response to: Stephaniee143

I also forgot about a centerpeice idea. My brother got married 2 weeks ago and he had two very simple but pretty centerpeices. One was a tall vase from our local Michaels with sand in the bottom and a single rose stuck in the sand. Dont forget to use something to anchor the rose though. They did float a candle on top but that isnt necessary. His other was a charger with 3 different sized pillar candles he got in bulk online with rosepetals scattered around. Both were simple, easy, and cheap, yet looked great.

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 16, 2012 3:22 PM Go to message in response to: Stephaniee143

San Patrick Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/designer-bridal-collections-san-patrick-c-420_454.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine