I miss my ring

Online Users: 1,309 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 5

FutureMrsDJLeo Posts : 615 Registered: 2/26/09
I miss my ring
Posted: May 30, 2010 1:08 PM

I dropped my ring of this past friday to get the e-ring and wedding band sottered together, I feel sooo naked with out it! Everytime I notice my ring finger is naked, I have a quick panic that I lost it! This sucks, I'm gonna have to go through this for 20 more days!

Anyone else who got there rings sottered before the wedding feel wierd? I know this is stupid, but my bach. party is in a couple weeks, and I feel wierd having a bach party with no e-ring!

jojolina Posts : 897 Registered: 2/28/07
Re: I miss my ring
Posted: May 30, 2010 3:26 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsDJLeo

i was just thinking about this yesterday. I've been married now for almost 3 years, but i never had my rings soldered together. It annoys me sometimes because they turn opposite ways, but i don't want to let my rings go to get them fixed.

www.mywedding.com/lorrieandchris

mrscreamer2be Posts : 153 Registered: 6/14/09
Posted: May 31, 2010 2:22 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsDJLeo

I didn't get my rings soldered together, but I did get my engagement ring dipped before the wedding. I didn't have it for a week! I too felt naked without it!

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: May 31, 2010 12:40 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsDJLeo

Mine are still not soddered together, but my wedding band is a plain band...so it really doesn't matter what direction it turns. However, within a month of getting engaged, one of my diamonds got knocked out of my E-ring, and I had to take it back to the jeweler. Because of the size of my finger (and my ring) I remember it took about 3 weeks for it to be fixed. Drove me batty because I felt like they'd had it longer than I did.

After that day, I refused to do any filing at work (it was not TECHNICALLY my job...I was just being helpful by doing it, so it's not like I shirked my job duties. I just didn't do someone else's job).

But I do remember feeling rather naked without my ring and every time I looked at my had I'd be upset.

Misty

FairyTaleBride Posts : 52 Registered: 9/20/07
Posted: Jun 13, 2010 6:37 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsDJLeo

My fiance bought me a CZ ring for $20 that looks like a 2 ct diamond. Every time I have worn it people think it is realy and it is kind of fun to pretend I have a huge rock when my real ring is much more subtle. I sometimes wear it to work and I will wear it when my ring gets re-sized. I suggest getting a gorgeous, giant fake ring that looks real!!! Everyone you know knows what your real ring looks like, but you wont feel quite so NAKED. I do know that my-ring-is-not-on-that-finger feeling. Also, you will not feel so silly at your b-party without a ring. Hope that helps!!!

Nmahoney82 Posts : 23 Registered: 5/19/10
Posted: Jun 25, 2010 12:09 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsDJLeo

Buy a cheap fake ring (paint the inside with clear nailpolish to avoid turning your finger green if need be) and wear that. I have yet to get mine sized, and I've had it for two months, so I can understand your pain lol

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine