October 2010 Brides

Online Users: 1,287 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,708

greenandblack Posts : 44 Registered: 12/10/09
Re: October 2010 Brides
Posted: Jun 11, 2010 1:52 PM Go to message in response to: Toast

ok yall i still have to get my movie ticket invitation yet.......................but im sending out my save the dates in like 2 weeks .................we took our picture i'llpost them they turned out great....its gonna be here faster then we knoe it!!!

agd1017 Posts : 464 Registered: 9/14/09
Posted: Jun 11, 2010 8:43 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

We looked at two more venues today. One, a bed-and-breakfast set on a large farm and vineyard. The house is exclusive to the guests- the owners live elsewhere on the property. It's an absolute beautiful property and a to-die-for wedding location. The price is a little out of our ballpark- my FMIL in fact gasped when I told her. However, the most expensive part was actually not the house and surrounding yard- it was a seperate pond/vineyard area that you have to walk through a forest to get to. So we talked with them about possibly doing it at the house or in that surrounding area. We'll get a price quote back on that next week or so. The other place was just a "club room" at a local grocery store. It's actually very nice, the kitchen is absolutely gorgeous. But we wouldn't be able to have the ceremony there so we'd still have to find a location for that.

So... the search continues. The one place we looked at yesterday- a county conservation center- was nearly perfect in every way EXCEPT it's location- it's about a 40 minute drive from where we live. That doesn't seem like much but I'd hate to ask all of my guests to drive that far... but I don't know. It's definitely on the "keep" list. Still waiting to hear back from several other places.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

RebeccaFazzio Posts : 323 Registered: 10/28/07
Posted: Jun 13, 2010 10:28 AM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Amanda:

I wouldn't worry about the 40 min. drive. Where I'm from 40 mins is a nice break. There isn't much around here so you have to go out of your way to be married somewhere nice. Honestly, people who know you guys and your situation are just excited to see you get married. They will not mind driving 40 mins.

My shower was yesterday and it was a ton of fun! We didn't have as many people as we had hoped to have (What's up with people not sending their regrets??? It's just a simple telephone call) My family from jackson didn't come because apparently I'm having a shower in Jackson.

I also didn't realize that yesterday there was a wedding for a guy a lot of people who were invited knows in a town about two hours away so a few people went to that and couldn't get back in time. I absolutely understand that. A wedding takes precedence over a shower.

I recieved two glass tuppaware sets (I'm returning one, my dishes are on super sale at the moment so i'll get more of those), a set of towels, A huge serving platter, a smaller serving platter, a 12 bottle wine rack, a crystal two tier serving set, and maybe a few other things that I can't recall.

:) We had so much food. It was all so tasty and good. There are some pictures on facebook and I'll be putting my pictures on facebook soon as well so if you have a facebook add me!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1290900143
27000_357855012861_529642861_3534868_1049818_n

To love another person is to see the face of God.

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RebeccaIngram&ScottFazzio

Posted: Jun 16, 2010 3:22 PM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

OK GIRLS GO TELL ME WHAT U THINK I POST OUR E-SESION

Posted: Jun 16, 2010 6:11 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

We found our location! There are pics on Facebook. It's at a county park, but it's very secluded and a HUGE area. There is a big red barn (where our ceremony will be), a huge shelter, with a flat area for dinner and a wooden stage area, for the reception. There is a building with bathrooms- and they have flushing toilets! Yay! And then, there is about an acre total of beautiful grassy open area. It's soo perfect!! We booked it already, along with the day before so we can get things ready and set up, and do the rehearsal dinner. The best part? It's FREE!!!! I mean, I have to rent tables and chairs and stuff but still! It's awesome!

Now I gotta find and order invitations! I think I'm behind the ball on that one.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

dodgercpkl Posts : 130 Registered: 9/27/09
Posted: Jun 16, 2010 7:41 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

That's great Amanda! Congrats on finding your venue!

HollyD Posts : 81 Registered: 7/20/09
Posted: Jun 17, 2010 12:25 AM Go to message in response to: dodgercpkl

Congrats Amanda on finding a place! Super exciting. Have fun picking out invites!

Posted: Jun 18, 2010 10:09 AM Go to message in response to: HollyD

so how has everyone eles planninh been going??????

Daisypath Wedding tickers

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Jun 18, 2010 12:01 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Good for you Amanda. I'm glad to hear that you FINALLY have your place. It sounds lovely.

My planning so far has been blah LOL. I can't wait for this all to be over. I feel so lazy I don't feel like planning anymore. I still have a bunch of many little things to do and and I get discouraged because time is running out. Anyone else feel the same way?

CIMG7482-1.jpg picture by CheetahAngel81

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

Posted: Jun 19, 2010 4:46 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Cheetah- I think I'm on the other side of the penny. I have a LOT to do! Well mostly just figure everything out for our changed plans. But that's ok- I love it.

I have more to say but I'm wiped out already. I had surgery on Thursday and this is the first time I've sat up in a chair since then. All I've done is sleep and lay in bed since Thursday. Mostly have just slept though. The painkillers are some pretty heavy ones, so I just sleep most of the time. Which is fine, because the pain is unbearable.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

Posted: Jun 19, 2010 5:01 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

I forgot to ask... what are you all using for your invitation wording? This is the area we are having a lot of trouble with. Nothing seems quite right for us. We can't decide on anything for this. Did you have trouble deciding?

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Jun 19, 2010 10:53 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

I hope you get better Amanda! But I'm glad the surgery went well.

For our wording we had trouble deciding too and then we came upon this:

The pleasure of your company is requested at the marriage uniting (and then you put your names) on Sunday, The Tenth of October Two Thousand Ten at half past twelve.....

CIMG7482-1.jpg picture by CheetahAngel81

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

RebeccaFazzio Posts : 323 Registered: 10/28/07
Posted: Jun 19, 2010 11:22 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

We put:

Together with their families

Rebecca
&
Scott

Request the pleasure of your company...

Yada yada yada!
27000_357855012861_529642861_3534868_1049818_n

To love another person is to see the face of God.

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RebeccaIngram&ScottFazzio

Bailey2Be Posts : 56 Registered: 4/26/09
Posted: Jun 20, 2010 2:43 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Here is what we are using...

Two lives, two hearts
joined together in friendship
united forever in love
It is with joy that we,
Michelle
and
Kenneth

together with our parents
invite you to share
the beginning of our new life
together.
Sunday, the tenth of October
two thousand ten
four o'clock in the afternoon

Bailey2Be Posts : 56 Registered: 4/26/09
Posted: Jun 20, 2010 2:46 PM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

When does everyone plan on sending out invitations?

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine