I'm taller than my FH

Online Users: 1,355 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 15

Mer21 Posts : 32 Registered: 11/10/08
I'm taller than my FH
Posted: Jul 8, 2009 5:30 PM

Hi ladies!
I was just wondering if any of you were in the same situation as me. My FH is 5'10'' and I'm 6'2''. I'm going to be wearing a dress that I'm absolutely in love with on our big day, but the dress itself is very pouffy (it's Maggie Sottero Sabelle). I'm a little worried that I'll look huge in a big dres and with the height difference. On the bright side I'm going to wear flats.
Let me know if you're taller!

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Re: I'm taller than my FH
Posted: Jul 9, 2009 9:36 AM Go to message in response to: Mer21

I'm not taller than DH, but I know plenty of women who are taller than their partners and none of them have ever looked huge - even in a wedding dress. I think you're worrying for no reason.

Honestly, I can't tell much of a difference between someone who's 5'10" and someone who's 6'2".

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

BriansAzBride Posts : 326 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: Jul 9, 2009 1:20 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

Mer21 I can tell you that I'm almost in the same boat as you. I'm 6'1" and my fiance is 5'10". I'm wearing a decently puffy dress, it's an A-line. You already said you're wearing flats, good choice, I'm doing that too. Honestly most people don't notice height differences until you say something. Yeah that it 4 inches but trust me, on your wedding day no one is going to be looking at the tops of your heads saying "Hey is she taller than him?"

I feel like a kid. Pinch me. This kind of love certainly can't be real. Oh wait, it is :)

Rose217 Posts : 474 Registered: 8/9/08
Posted: Jul 9, 2009 8:22 PM Go to message in response to: Mer21

I'm taller than my FH by about 3 inches. Oh well. I'll wear flats or sandals too, they're more comfortable anyway.

Jream Posts : 157 Registered: 7/29/08
Posted: Jul 11, 2009 7:01 PM Go to message in response to: Rose217

Haha, I have the opposite problem. I'm a whopping 5' 1" and my fiance is 6' 2" Sure, I can just wear heels, but I wear Doc Martens every single day of my life. I'm going to have to get high heels and they are going to KILL my feet.

Just letting you know short people have problems too!

mainstdancer08 Posts : 140 Registered: 3/27/08
Posted: Jul 18, 2009 7:06 PM Go to message in response to: Mer21

My FH is 5'4'' and I am 5'7''.

zoe1983 Posts : 115 Registered: 4/8/09
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 11:04 PM Go to message in response to: Mer21

I am technically shorter than my fiance but with heels on I am about the same height. I planned on wearing flats but my mom keeps saying you walk differently in heals then in flats so I am contemplating wearing like kitten heals...

My future brother in law is about one or two inches taller then his wife but she wore heals for the wedding and was taller then him and no one seemed to notice....I don't think I would worry about it! Actually I am pretty sure that my cousin was taller then her husband and she just wore ballet flats at the wedding and it wasn't a big deal!

JerseyGirlVA Posts : 311 Registered: 9/17/09
Posted: Sep 28, 2009 4:12 PM Go to message in response to: Mer21

I totally get you Mer21! I'm a bit insecure about the height difference in our relationship too. I'm 5'10 with a thin build & my boyfriend is 5'8 with a stocky build. We joke on each other every once in a while & that helps me lighten up about the height difference. Try not to worry about the height difference, especially on your wedding day! I think your dress sounds beautiful & I hope we can see some pics! Goodluck, you two are going to look gorgeous!

Julieana Posts : 2 Registered: 4/25/10
Posted: Apr 25, 2010 4:29 PM Go to message in response to: Mer21

My wedding is July 3, 2010 I am interested in purchasing your Maggie Sottero SaBelle. I wear a size 6 or 8, I would like the color white or diamond white. If your interested in selling your dress please E-mail me at sensuous10@gmail.com or call me at 949.923.9283. Thank you. Julieana

jmrosazza Posts : 12 Registered: 2/7/10
Posted: Apr 25, 2010 4:48 PM Go to message in response to: Mer21

Wear whatever shoes make you comfortable - and if you think the height difference looks awkward, you can take off your shoes for the photos (pending your dress covers your bare toes!)

I'm a foot shorter than my fiance. Even if I wear heels, there is still an obvious height difference. But, hey, it's who we are.

mainstdancer08 Posts : 140 Registered: 3/27/08
Posted: Jun 6, 2010 3:33 PM Go to message in response to: Mer21

I am taller than my FH. He is 5'4'' and i am 5'7'' i plan on wearing flats when we get married.

Beeble Posts : 306 Registered: 11/19/09
Posted: Jun 7, 2010 12:40 PM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

I'm 5'6" and my SO is 4'10". I love being able to wear flats all the time. We just recently went to a friends wedding in Las Vegas and I wore flats the whole trip. All the other girls were in heels and complaining about sore swollen feet and walking around barefoot down the vegas strip (ewwwwwww) by the end of the night.

ElleNChuck Posts : 50 Registered: 6/10/10
Posted: Jun 12, 2010 12:38 AM Go to message in response to: Mer21

Katie Holmes is taller than Tom Cruise. Besides the fact that he's a total whack-job they had cute wedding pics. FH is only about 2 inches taller than me so if I wear high heels I'm taller than him. I'll probably wear flats for the wedding.

KellyAmiri Posts : 29 Registered: 7/25/10
Posted: Jul 30, 2010 2:51 PM Go to message in response to: ElleNChuck

I'm planning on wearing the flattest shoes I can find, and getting my fiancée to wear something that borders on platforms. It's only a 2" difference, but still. I wish I was more confident like my sister, who is 4" taller than her husband, and wore 3" heels at her wedding. "Because they're pretty," she said.

csupalla0881 Posts : 4 Registered: 12/15/09
Posted: Aug 2, 2010 7:25 PM Go to message in response to: KellyAmiri

I can definitely relate. My fiance and I are pretty much the same height (5'7"), but I still feel like I look huge standing next to him sometimes. I think I just have a tendency to stand up straighter than he does, and I have this stupid mind game going on that it must look super awkward to others. Or maybe it's because my dad is a foot taller than my mom, and I just grew up with the-guy-being-taller as the norm. I'll definitely be wearing flats for our wedding, but I wish I could just give him another inch or something so I could stop comparing our heights whenever we're standing next to each other!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine