Playing the waiting game!!

Online Users: 1,330 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

Bobo0317 Posts : 1 Registered: 6/2/10
Playing the waiting game!!
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 1:48 PM

Hi everyone, I am new to this website and I just wanted to say HI!! I have read many of your posts and I feel that I am going through what many of you ladies are going through. My bf and I have been together for 2 years. He is a wonderful guy and we have a wonderful relationship BUT we have been talking about getting married for a long time. I was getting silently anxious but then he said lets look and rings ( we have looked at rings before but it was usually my idea). I agreed but was feeling like why are we looking if he isn't ready. I spent so much time just letting it go and trying to enjoy the relationship. But he has been talking about it more and he let me choose the ring i wanted. So now i am in the waiting game... It sucks. hahaha. It isnt fun at all, all i can think about is how much longer is he going to make me wait. we are going on a trip to see his family and be there for his family reunion in july. Maybe ill get lucky!! But waiting sure does suck. Anyway I look forward to haveing chattin in up with you ladies!!! lol.

Beeble Posts : 306 Registered: 11/19/09
Re: Playing the waiting game!!
Posted: Jun 3, 2010 10:53 AM Go to message in response to: Bobo0317

Welcome to the board Bobo. Hopefully it's won't be too long until you start posting in the recently engaged section So you have any pictures of the ring you chose? I'm sure we would all love to see!

My BF has tole me what store he wants to buy my ring from, he has bought my last 2 christmas gifts there. I'm thinking of going into the store and putting together a wish list for him so that whenever he does make the big leap and go in that he will have a little help. This store will hold onto the wish list until he comes in. It's a pretty good setup. I don't think I could do the whole email pictures of rings or stick them to the fridge thing. lol.

Waiting is tough for sure... but the reward in the end is worth the wait = )

JBC123 Posts : 16 Registered: 6/1/10
Re: Playing the waiting game!!
Posted: Jun 5, 2010 12:19 AM Go to message in response to: Bobo0317

I'm new here too

My BF and I had our first ring discussion last weekend. The opportunity arose for me to voice my opinion and he asked what I'd like so I showed him some ideas I had and he was open to the ideas (he especially liked the prices ) Then, this afternoon, we were talking and he told me his roommate asked "So, when is she moving in?" to which my BF replied "We haven't set any move-in dates yet" I think I'm going to have a more in-depth talk with him to make sure we're both on the same wavelength and timeframe. I'm 99.9% sure we are but since the opportunities are presenting themselves to have these talks, now's the time to hash it all out. I know in my heart of hearts that he's the one so I'm ready. Everything in our relationship has kinda been like a "given" - like it's just a given we'll move in together and get married so I'll be happy to have him declare it for sure. I don't need him to propose this very second, but it will be nice to be sure we're going in the right direction.

Wish me luck!
JBC

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine