Not Getting Married--- For a While....

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

turtle2 Posts : 56 Registered: 11/3/09
Not Getting Married--- For a While....
Posted: Jun 4, 2010 6:57 PM

So my BF and I were really about to get engaged but then he got to thinking... when he thinks it is always deeply :) He says he is not ready to get married and he doesn't think he would make a good father. I hope that changes over time and we get engaged a year or many years from now. We have decided to focus on now (which is really hard for me) and enjoy the love. I hope it lasts.

corac715 Posts : 29 Registered: 3/28/10
Re: Not Getting Married--- For a While....
Posted: Jun 4, 2010 7:57 PM Go to message in response to: turtle2

Ok...I think you very young still correct? If that is true, just relax and take your time. You both will have a lot of growing up to do, and as someone who married young (20) ....I know what it is like to grow up and grow apart. I was married for 15 years......now I am divorced and planning a future with someone else. I am 38. Give him and yourself some time.

Lovetolaugh06 Posts : 11 Registered: 6/6/10
Re: Not Getting Married--- For a While....
Posted: Jun 6, 2010 8:26 PM Go to message in response to: turtle2

My boyfriend and I have been together for 3.5 years now, and we are going to be engaged probably within a year (but I think it may be sooner from what he has been up to these past few days). We wanted to take our time before jumping into marriage because it is nice to take some time just as a couple, getting ourselves established. We have always talked about marriage (we probably started to talk about it about 1-2 years into our relationship), and we know that we will get married and have already set a tentative date for July of 2012. But I have enjoyed our relationship without an engagement because we are not rushing anything. It sounds like your boyfriend knows what feels "right" to him, and that is very important. Even though you may want to rush it sooner than he does, just take the time to enjoy now, and the relationship you have started together. The longer you are together with him before engagement/marriage, the more you will feel like you both know each other. You will know each other's "special qualities". Also, giving a relationship some time before engagement/marriage allows you two to see how your communication and trust is with one another which is really important in a successful relationship.
"The human race has only one really effective weapon, and that is laughter." Mark Twain

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine