Colors Question!! Help needed!

Online Users: 1,329 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 3

kmoon Posts : 1 Registered: 6/2/10
Colors Question!! Help needed!
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 6:09 PM

My wedding is in four months exactly (Oct 2) and I have done next to nothing beyond the big basics (photo, location, ceremony, dj etc etc). We are doing the wedding on a naval base that is right on the beach. The reception hall has a long stretch of windows that overlooks the beach, but it is a nice little walk to get down to the actual beach so I wouldn't really qualify it as a beach wedding. Ceremony is in a chapel. Originally I had chosen brown and blue as my colors, but finding the shades I want of these and matching them up just is not working for me, in fact it is making me crazy. I would much rather do what I initially wanted to go with - black & white, which I LOVE. My question is, do you think it would be silly to have a black and white color theme at a place that is overlooking the beach?? I really appreciate all of the input.

springorchid Posts : 176 Registered: 4/8/07
Re: Colors Question!! Help needed!
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 6:25 PM Go to message in response to: kmoon

I think it is perfectly fine to do black and white overlooking the beach. If that really worries you, you could select ONE item, be it the napkins, a flower, the print on the stationary, etc to have as a pop of color in the room. This way you have that bit of color, but you wouldn't have to match between the napkins, flowers, stationary, etc. Do what you love.

Good luck!

KCI Posts : 150 Registered: 3/30/09
Posted: Jun 3, 2010 5:17 PM Go to message in response to: kmoon

I see no problem with black and white. Some people use their reception venue as inspiration for chosing colors, but just because you're near a beach doesn't mean you need to use beachy colors.

If you like the black and white combo I say go for it. Although I do like the PP idea of adding a pop of color somewhere with napkins, flowers, etc.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

FairyTaleBride Posts : 52 Registered: 9/20/07
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 3:02 PM Go to message in response to: kmoon

Black and white is classic and can be worked everywhere! My suggestion is to add very small touches and accents of blue to pull in the water beside you.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine