Inexpensive dresses

Online Users: 1,266 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 23

giddygalbliss Posts : 3 Registered: 5/31/10
Re: Inexpensive dresses
Posted: Jun 3, 2010 9:52 AM Go to message in response to: BellaCereja

It really depends on the style you want but I would recommend both Nicole Miller and J.Crew for effortless chic dresses. Many have the couture cut at a ready to wear price tag. Many are overly simple but paired up with the right jewelry and accessories you will be a beautiful but classic blushing bride! If you want something more elaborate and beaded, my guess would be with Davids Bridal! I've heard of much success there as well for those on a budget.

Vanessa2010 Posts : 1 Registered: 6/12/10
Posted: Jun 12, 2010 5:55 AM Go to message in response to: BellaCereja

Well,it need to know the budget first, then you can decide where you can get the dress within that budget!

Last year, my best friend got her wedding dress from Dressilyme under US$200, it absolutely look perfect on her! She was highly recommend that site to all of us when you need to get an inexpensive dress. It worth to have a look. Hope you can find your dream dress soon! :-)

sorsonel Posts : 1 Registered: 6/19/10
Posted: Jun 19, 2010 7:45 AM Go to message in response to: BellaCereja

You will be able to find it on line but search for a more general term like "dresses" or "white dresses" . A lot of on line prom stores are discounted their dresses at the end of the season and many of them are suitable for a wedding dress.
Goodl luck!

Edited by: sorsonel on Jun 19, 2010 7:46 AM

Edited by: sorsonel on Jun 19, 2010 7:47 AM

PAuLMA Posts : 9 Registered: 6/9/10
Posted: Jun 21, 2010 3:55 AM Go to message in response to: BellaCereja

We did all of the BM's and flower girl at David's Bridal. My wedding dress was custom made in Mexico for $100 though. I'm tiny and couldn't justify what it costs and we're in TX so it was easy. I picked a designer ad out of a stack of Brides magazines she had and the lady tore it out and made it.

One gotcha with the DB dresses. I picked them from looking online and didn't realize they showed so much cleavage. I mean, it was pushing a PG-13 wedding, lol.

We did it!  Pics of our Wedding Day and Honeymoon in Paris.

Teedove Posts : 18 Registered: 5/20/10
Posted: Jun 30, 2010 11:31 AM Go to message in response to: PAuLMA

I will swear by craigslist, I have been married before and knew it would be costly, so I started early to save money.I have already purchased my dress just waiting to do alterations I have a Galina signature Collection from David's Bridal, but I bought it from a lady off craigslist, the dress retails for over $1000 but I paid $100. A blessing all in itself I thank God. Also check out consignment shops and the other used wedding dress sites.................

Teedove

2dBride Posts : 158 Registered: 3/16/09
Posted: Jul 6, 2010 6:49 PM Go to message in response to: BellaCereja

You could check the resale sites. Often, brides will sell a dress which has been used once (or even ones never used, that they changed their minds on).

* Bravo Bride
* Brideshare
* Craigslist
* Event Leftovers
* Event Swap
* eBay
* eBay classifieds
* OnceWed
* Preowned Wedding Dresses
* Recycled Bride

Also, most of the wedding forums have for sale areas. You might check out:

* The Knot Wedding Classifieds board
* Kvetch Sharing Costs of Decorations/Decorations Swap thread
* Offbeat Bride Wedding Swap Group
* OneWed Buy, Sell, & Trade forum
* Project Wedding Classifieds
* Trash to Treasure
* Wedding by Color Marketplace
* Weddingbee Classifieds

If there are wedding consignment stores in your area, they could be another alternative.

Finally, you might consider non-"wedding" dresses. For example, most bridesmaids' dresses come in white or ivory, and they are typically a lot less expensive than wedding dresses.

However, do not lose an arm and a leg over your dress. The dress will not fit right if you do. ;-)

Our wedding Web site and items for sale

brainpagan0121 Posts : 1 Registered: 11/18/07
Posted: Jul 23, 2010 2:25 AM Go to message in response to: BellaCereja

I am selling a diamond white Maggie Sottero dress. Its a corset top and really give you a nice hourglass shape. Let me know if you'd like some info. I am not sure what your budget is, but I hate having my dress sit in the closet.

Mds22 Posts : 1 Registered: 7/30/10
Posted: Jul 30, 2010 7:01 AM Go to message in response to: brainpagan0121

Do you know the style name of the dress and also the size?

sassy411 Posts : 52 Registered: 8/16/10
Posted: Aug 16, 2010 9:43 AM Go to message in response to: giddygalbliss

Unlike many others, I have, thus far, had a good experience with Davids. Tho I'm age-wise more MOB material than blushing bride, I wandered in on a Sunday & got good service. Tried on a few dresses, fell in love with 2. Narrowed it down to 1 which was only $300. Then the sales lady told me it was discontinued & thus only $99.

The one on the rack didn't fit quite right on top so she called other stores until she found one in my size which I placed a phone order for there in the store. So I did end up paying $25 for shipping, but with a $99 bill for the dress, that wasn't too upsetting. It arrived, as promised, 2 days later. I'm going in for alterations tomorrow--we'll see how that goes. But, thus far, I'm happy with Davids.

Reading the threads, I'm convinced it varies by store.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine