Places to have the reception?

Online Users: 1,255 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

Bitty1990 Posts : 20 Registered: 3/28/10
Places to have the reception?
Posted: May 31, 2010 6:21 PM

I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and I was looking to find a place to hold the reception. It doesn't have to be a super nice place, but I'm thinking something better than a community center, but doesn't cost a whole bunch.
Maybe a hotel ballroom? Any thoughts?

ElleJay24 Posts : 17 Registered: 1/11/10
Re: Places to have the reception?
Posted: Jun 1, 2010 7:46 PM Go to message in response to: Bitty1990

Dallas has a lot of really awesome venues - but you might have better luck outside the city if you're on a tight budget...

It all really depends on what you're trying to accomplish and how much you have to spend! Hotels are often nice and convenient for guests, especially if they'll be drinking at the reception - or if it is going to be in the evening. You can go to some of the less expensive places and check out their ballrooms and rates (places like Best Western often have nicer accommodations than you might expect!)

Etta Alpha
http://philospouse.blogspot.com/

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 2:01 AM Go to message in response to: ElleJay24

I have no idea how much this place costs, but my brother and his wife had their Dallas reception at an art gallery. Here's the website--they have tabs for all their information at the top of the page (I had trouble finding the tabs initially):

www.1727dallas.com

It was an awesome place for a reception!

preview image

chris42005 Posts : 89 Registered: 4/6/10
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 2:06 PM Go to message in response to: Bitty1990

What about a nature park, zoo or something along those lines. It would be a differant type of reception.

Bitty1990 Posts : 20 Registered: 3/28/10
Posted: Jun 3, 2010 10:38 AM Go to message in response to: Bitty1990

I contacted several hotels, and none of them will allow me to just to rent a room. If I want to get a room, I HAVE to buy their food plan. I'm not planning on serving meals at my reception, only snacks and deserts. Where I do go to find a place that's nice, but doesn't make me pay $39+ a person for food I don't want?

Rylan Posts : 23 Registered: 1/12/09
Posted: Jun 5, 2010 8:37 PM Go to message in response to: Bitty1990

What type of reception are you planning, how many guests do you expect to have, and what time of day will it be? Knowing this information will help in seeing what the options are.

--------------------------------------------------------------

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine