picking wedding colors

Online Users: 1,299 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

tinaswedding Posts : 1 Registered: 6/1/10
picking wedding colors
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 2:32 PM

I need Help can you all tell me how you picked you wedding colors as I have no clue as to what colors that I want for my wedding. I was thinking of all shades of black down to gray or silver but everyone says that it would be ugly. Can you please give me your advice on this and how you decided your colors. Thank you !!!!

springorchid Posts : 176 Registered: 4/8/07
Re: picking wedding colors
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 6:19 PM Go to message in response to: tinaswedding

First, you have a mantra to learn: "This is my wedding, and I reserve the right to have it just how I want it" Mine you, this isn't meant to go in the Bridezilla direction.

I wouldn't describe shades of gray as exciting, romantic, inviting or
nessesarily elegant. Now, I think if you do black, white and silver it could look absolutely stunning at an elegant ballroom.

As for selecting colors, if you have no idea you could consider what will look best with the location you have chosen.

You could go to a larger flower shop and see what color flowers you like the most.

Or you could pick a theme and draw the colors from that....beach theme: light/bright blues and sand....Ballerina:baby pink and white....

You could go to a paint store and see if any of the color schemes draw you (they always have collections of 3-4 colors that you could start with)

WoostaBride Posts : 220 Registered: 6/8/09
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 6:25 PM Go to message in response to: tinaswedding

Looks like you're having your wedding in August....I wouldn't suggest black, but that's just me.
Those colors can get a little "muddy" looking if not done the right way. I also think that possibly with a pop of color it may work.
I picked my colors because of a). My location - on the beach, b). Time of year - August c). The "feel" I wanted for my wedding - modern opulence (haha...I think I made that up).
My colors are shades of purples and blues, with some green mixed in for contrast.....Think purple and blue hydrangeas. I changed my mind no less than 10 times before I came to this color combo....even though it was the first one that I had thought of. Find inspiration in things around you - painting, wall colors, flowers etc. Also, you can try looking at inspiration boards online....although this is why I kept changing my colors :)
Good luck!

Moxiebaby Posts : 24 Registered: 6/18/09
Posted: Jun 11, 2010 4:18 PM Go to message in response to: tinaswedding

We chose based on what we're wearing. My dress is pale gold. My fiance is wearing a pale grey suit. Therefore the colors are silver and gold.

FairyTaleBride Posts : 52 Registered: 9/20/07
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 6:12 PM Go to message in response to: tinaswedding

My colors are silver, white, and touches of blue. I chose silver because I felt it gave a more formal feel and you dont often see Platinum bridesmaids! I like to be different than everyone else. I added the color blue so it wouldnt end up looking too dull and because sometimes you just need a color for something because silver may blend in. Blue is also one of my favorite colors, with pink, though I dont really think it is fair to force a pink wedding on a groom...and so blue it was!

Also, I am having a evening summer wedding, and while people always say go lighter for summer, I always loved silver and the guys will be in black tuxes and I felt that just because July is when I CAN get married, it does not have to dictate my color scheme. (I really did want Christmas!! But it never worked out.)

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 15, 2012 9:46 PM Go to message in response to: tinaswedding

Rosa Clara Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-rosa-clara-c-420_451.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine