Rings chosen *with pictures*

Online Users: 1,253 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8

HamzicBride Posts : 178 Registered: 12/28/09
Rings chosen *with pictures*
Posted: May 31, 2010 5:19 PM

Hello ladies :)
So we have decided that we are going to have a fairly small wedding with strickly family and a handful of very close friends. That will allow us to save money and put it into our future house(which are on the market for at the moment). We will also spend slightly more on the rings(...mine more so). We are playing with the idea of a backyard wedding/open house type gathering. Something very private to us and our family.

We new pretty quickly into our relationship that what we were building between us, was something that was going to be different than any relationship we had been in before. Back in the fall/winter of 09, we started searching together. As opposed to it being a surprise, boyfriend(yes not engaged yet), said he wanted me to find what I wanted because he wanted to make sure I like it as I will be wearing it every day for years to come.

After some searching, he ended up coming across a ring that I will admit I never would have chosen(price tag being one of the reasons), on my own. Tried it, got quite emotional and we ended up making a deposit. Fast forward to this week and the rings have finally come in. They will likely need resizing once engaged, but I wanted to share my excitement with everyone.

Hope the waiting for everyone is still bearable!

http://inlinethumb37.webshots.com/47588/2916103390101961236S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb55.webshots.com/8630/2049948430101961236S600x600Q85.jpg

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Re: Rings chosen *with pictures*
Posted: May 31, 2010 6:27 PM Go to message in response to: HamzicBride

HB - Very nice! They are lovely. Is it going to be a surprise when he pops the question?

MikaylaK Posts : 53 Registered: 5/23/10
Posted: May 31, 2010 7:00 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Those are beautiful! And they go very well together :) You guys seem to have it all thought out, and that's great :)

All the best!

Posted: May 31, 2010 11:24 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Thank you very much :)
Oh I wish we had things figured out! we do talk about absolutely everything. No topic is taboo in our relationship, but I do think it's always a learning curve. Always re-adjusting, giving and taking. I'm still not sure what we will actually do for our wedding but we've discussed making it low key and not spending to much money on it if we can prevent it.
As for the proposal being a surprise. I know that he'll be chosing a time that I am not going to be expecting but yes, we are all aware it's going to be coming. It will be one incredible day.

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jun 1, 2010 12:53 AM Go to message in response to: HamzicBride

HB - That's great. I hope he can surprise you. (and I'm happy that I didn't piss off everyone I replied to today - LOL.)

But seriously, when it's right, it's right. And it will be great.

I was COMPLETELY the opposite of you. I had no idea - seriously, we had been together over 5 years and no IDEA he was asking.

It was incredible.

I do believe that even if you see the ring - him asking will be one of the highlights of your life. So I can't wait to hear about it!

jojolina Posts : 897 Registered: 2/28/07
Posted: Jun 1, 2010 2:17 AM Go to message in response to: HamzicBride

corac715 Posts : 29 Registered: 3/28/10
Posted: Jun 1, 2010 3:49 PM Go to message in response to: jojolina

beautiful!!!! Look forward to hearing your proposal story.

My bf and I looked at rings yesterday. (my 2 teenage sons were with us) I know I won't know which one he will pick out (and that is great). He has told me that he will propose sometime soon (before the end of August) on a day that is very special to him and he knows how he will propose and it will be a surprise to me. I'm very much looking forward to it!

JBC123 Posts : 16 Registered: 6/1/10
Posted: Jun 1, 2010 11:31 PM Go to message in response to: HamzicBride

Your set is exquisite! Best of luck and love to you both!

JBC

Posted: Jun 3, 2010 9:57 PM Go to message in response to: JBC123

Thank you very much :)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine